• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fourcast 3

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hats off :yo:and :thumb::thumb: to Jorli and Highmark Films for putting out Yet!!!another incredilbe DVD that captures the essence to big mountion riding along with showing the skill and comradery of the guys who do it So often films just show huge :jaw: drops or huge chute runs that are incredible!!!! in their own right but when you see one right after the other throughout the film it get boring in my opinion. FourCAST 3 once again has a great mix of all of the things that makes the sport of big mountain riding so alluring to us all of us. Epic podwer runs, big drops, technical tree riding and plenty of air time all laid out with the backdrop of a good soundtrack. The film also was able to show in a simple straight forward way the danges that go along with this type of riding.

Thanks again for taking us along for another incredible ride though the backcountry from a big fan of your films

PS. Cant wait to watch the rest of the new movies.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Hats off :yo:and :thumb::thumb: to Jorli and Highmark Films for putting out Yet!!!another incredilbe DVD that captures the essence to big mountion riding along with showing the skill and comradery of the guys who do it So often films just show huge :jaw: drops or huge chute runs that are incredible!!!! in their own right but when you see one right after the other throughout the film it get boring in my opinion. FourCAST 3 once again has a great mix of all of the things that makes the sport of big mountain riding so alluring to us all of us. Epic podwer runs, big drops, technical tree riding and plenty of air time all laid out with the backdrop of a good soundtrack. The film also was able to show in a simple straight forward way the danges that go along with this type of riding.

Thanks again for taking us along for another incredible ride though the backcountry from a big fan of your films

PS. Cant wait to watch the rest of the new movies.

Thanks man, greatly appreciated. It was meant to be a different film, I'm glad that you are stoked it. Cheers!-J

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
Agreed, another great film Jorli! I thought I heard you say somewhere else that this was to be the last Fourcast flick. Does that mean you're done making sled films, or just going to do something different with them? I hope it's the latter!! Your should at least make 4 Fourcast films, sheesh!

Herb

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Agreed, another great film Jorli! I thought I heard you say somewhere else that this was to be the last Fourcast flick. Does that mean you're done making sled films, or just going to do something different with them? I hope it's the latter!! Your should at least make 4 Fourcast films, sheesh!

Herb

I think its time to move on with life, I'd love to continue but its financial suicide. Our customers are ultimately advertisers, not be people buying dvds. There isn't enough of an appetite within the industry to support the creation of this type of content. Baring a miracle in a change of perception, this will be the last. Cheers!-J

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
I completely understand, but that is a real bummer.

Might I suggest going heavy into shorter length (20-40 min.) YouTube videos? Seeing what Tudizzle does and what the Natural Frequency boys have done, I think that would be pretty economical compared to having to put out a DVD...

Another point is that as the summer wears on, heck, even in the winter, I consume a lot more YouTube videos than new DVD purchases. I watch them on my phone and/or tablet when I'm waiting on an appointment, after work, all the time.

If you need an intern to come do some filming for you with his cheap helmet cam, let me know, I'd volunteer :D

I know some guys in bands that might be willing to donate music too...

Cheers! and thanks for making the Fourcast series, I've really, really enjoyed them!!!

Herb

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
I completely understand, but that is a real bummer.

Might I suggest going heavy into shorter length (20-40 min.) YouTube videos? Seeing what Tudizzle does and what the Natural Frequency boys have done, I think that would be pretty economical compared to having to put out a DVD...

Another point is that as the summer wears on, heck, even in the winter, I consume a lot more YouTube videos than new DVD purchases. I watch them on my phone and/or tablet when I'm waiting on an appointment, after work, all the time.

If you need an intern to come do some filming for you with his cheap helmet cam, let me know, I'd volunteer :D

I know some guys in bands that might be willing to donate music too...

Cheers! and thanks for making the Fourcast series, I've really, really enjoyed them!!!

Herb

Right on Herb, once again, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've been doing film work for a long time now, unfortunately I have my way of doing things and I'm not interested in stepping backwards. If I was to do anything else, it have to be a major step up from what I've done. BTW, licensing music for non-revenu generating youtube is WAY more expensive than licensing it for DVD and Digital downloads,....crazy isn't it! Cheers!- Jorli

Last edited:

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
Jorli, I picked up Forecast 3 after a buddy told me how Forecast 1 was his favorite. I loved the style of the movie with some backstory. Made me feel like I got to know you guys. Sorry its your last film, but in my opinion, your going out on top.
Cheers
Mark

Premium Features