• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 800 RMK No Spark!

A
Nov 19, 2012
Hi, Im new on here but i have a 2003 800 RMK i picked up on craigslist this fall. One side of the coil is weaker than the other and causes the sled to fall on its face when on the throttle heavy. I have tried 2 other coils (Off a running sled). A CDI box and stator off a 700, along with the sensor on the top of the head. No matter which combination of these the bad spark comes from the same side of the coil (Single Coil). new plugs, wires, caps. You can switch the wires to the other cylinder but the bad spark is consitent on the coil, not the cylinder side. Any help would be awesome Thanks

T

trestlecreek

Sep 19, 2010
Is there one or two coils? I just had something similar with a arctic cat 800. It only had 1 coil. But only half the coil would work. I ordered an aftermarket ignitor coil. It only ran for a few hundred yards, then only 1/2 the coil would work. There are only two wires running to the coil, a yellow and a black one. So I "T"ed both of the ignitor coils together, and run each one to a cylinder. So far so good. Its running fine.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Try disconnecting the hi-lo beam switch with a star wrench. If this clears it up then you need a new hi-lo beam switch. Same thing happened to me.

Premium Features