• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grease bearing?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Do you mean the flat needle roller bearing that some folks put in to keep the spring from binding? Grease and clutches is always a bad combination. Carl's recommends a shot of WD40 on the bearing and wipe any excess off. You can also use a dry moly lube or just run it dry. It barely moves.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I used WD-40 for the 1st 35 mile ride. These pics were after I pulled apart. I have since lubed with the CRC dry moly lube that was recommended somewhere else. I'll see what it looks like after 120 miles when I pull the clutch later this week.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Where did u get that needle bearing? Any difference in performance or strictly wear an tear?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I wish I could post a video.

With the stock setup, ie. the spring cup on the aluminum it does not want to turn very well. With at least 1 Delrin washer the cup/spring assembly turns considerably better. With the bearing, I can spin the cup and spring like a top. It probably only gets 3-4 full revolutions before it stops, but it is still spinning easily.

I do notice it backshifts a lot quicker.

Premium Features