• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S module install question

D
Feb 20, 2009
Bolts VS Rivets

I used bolts rather than rivets, they are stronger, get stainless steel grade 5 or 8 for that matter. On my new 2016 E-Tec before it even saw snow I installed Rip & grip brace. They have re-configured their brace system for the modules and now it's a one piece unit that extends from the front A-arm bolts to the rear pan where it is riveted with about a half doz. rivets. Think it was about $129 and it covers both S & E modules. DO it!

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Cool that will make the job a lot easier. Thank you for the response too! I do have the old style grip n rip kit and I actually bent the rear piece..

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
Rip and. Grip

I used bolts rather than rivets, they are stronger, get stainless steel grade 5 or 8 for that matter. On my new 2016 E-Tec before it even saw snow I installed Rip & grip brace. They have re-configured their brace system for the modules and now it's a one piece unit that extends from the front A-arm bolts to the rear pan where it is riveted with about a half doz. rivets. Think it was about $129 and it covers both S & E modules. DO it!

Where do you get this brace for $129? I want one

Premium Features