• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Farmington Canyon?

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
HOw do you get to Farmington Canyon coming from Logan??? Really want to take some rides up there this year. maybe now haha

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Hit I-15 SB from brigham and drive to farmington.
It may or may not be the lagoon exit, if you look at the canyon and start headed that way you should be able to find the road.
Someone who lives close by could give better directions.
Be sure to have a good 4wd vehicle, and 2 place trailers are the best as there is not a lot of room to park or turn around.
Once up top you can head south from where you park or follow the road past the gate up to the towers(north).
Do Not take inexperienced riders, and you will want someone to show you around your first time... Lots of nasty hills and sidehilling... Not many flat areas or runout below the hills... Not a good place to have a sled break either.
Very rocky steep terrain, not a good place to ride until the snow is deep.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
You best bet is in january and febuary when you can park at the lower parking lots and then you don't have to drive all the way, later in the year your best bet is to just throw it in the back of the truck. Its very technical, honestly there is a TON of places that are closer for you i would rather go than farmington canyon... unless a good lake affect storm rolls in. Grandview kicks farmingtons butt, maybe you should ride their its only a few more minutes down the highway

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Grandview?

Alright, being a native of F-town (as it is known around my condo) I can vouch for the hairy nature of the canyon, but if this Grandview place is just a few more minutes down the road and I'm missing it, then I'm a total loser! Where is Grandview?

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
In between boutiful, hardscrabble, and city creek. its technical too, but better riding than farmington.. It was the featured destination in one of the snowest issues last year, i need to learn it better this year..

Honestly i try to avoid farmington.. and its my backyard... maybe that is why i avoid it. I snowmobile for the whole experience, the riding, the trips, the laughs in the truck on the way up to the north slope, the new places, etc.. When its just a 2 minute ride from the house and its such familar terrian, its just not as exciting to me... That is till lake affect kicks in;)

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I haven't ridden grandview, but if the snow is deep and you like technical riding and big climbs/chutes, famington is a blast.
You definately need someone to show you around... There are places you have to go to get around that will make you pucker, and places that if you go to you may never get back out of.

Where do you park to ride grandview?
You can get there from bountiful right? Just a long ride from what I have heard.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Both

I think both are amazing to ride! These places are some of the best ridin in Utah and so many pass them by when going sleding. Pretty much any kind of ridin you want to do they have it all. I just need to say use your head and pay attention because these places are/can be nasty and will slide. These places are some good times and some very long very steep pulls! Great for turbos! Have fun!!!!!:beer;

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Sounds like I should avoid Farmington by what everyones saying. Rather go to bountiful area. I'm down for a ride in bountiful but would be nice to have someone show me around. I usually ride franklin basin and tony grove never been to bountiful or other places outside of Logan. And I've heard good things about bontiful.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Sounds like I should avoid Farmington by what everyones saying. Rather go to bountiful area. I'm down for a ride in bountiful but would be nice to have someone show me around. I usually ride franklin basin and tony grove never been to bountiful or other places outside of Logan. And I've heard good things about bontiful.

why are you leaving tony grove for farmington or bountiful again? If you need a break from TG/FB why not Providence canyon? or head up monte from ant flats or somethin...

there is a reason we drive past bountiful and farmington to go to logan to ride...

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
why are you leaving tony grove for farmington or bountiful again? If you need a break from TG/FB why not Providence canyon? or head up monte from ant flats or somethin...

there is a reason we drive past bountiful and farmington to go to logan to ride...

Providence Canyon has seemed fun from the two times I've been up there but that two times I've been up there it has sucked because of the weather. It would start snowing really hard and couldn't see. I really want to make it up to Providence Canyon a lot this year and to the top of Mt. Logan. PRov Canyon is only 5 minute drive from my house. I just wanted to try something new. I heard good things about Bountiful but never had been. I'm not bored of Franklin just thought of seing something new. Haha if I've got it that good in Logan maybe ILl just stay here and the occasional trip to my cabin in Alpine, WY. Phatty great job on the Boondockers movie my favorite movie this year by far! Great job! You probably know your way around Prov better than me since I've never been there on a good day. We should hook up for a ride.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
I'm with fatty on this one... Although farmington can be awesome, and you definately need to try it at least once, I would make the drive to logan anyday over bountiful or farmington.
Providence is to you what farmington is to us... A good place to ride that is close by... Downfall is the area just isn't as big (farmington) as franklin/tony grove, etc.
I would make the drive over to willow flats/cub river area, and also try driving up to bear lake and park at bloomington... Good riding up there.
Both are similar as you can get to bloomington from cub river and vise versa.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Providence Canyon has seemed fun from the two times I've been up there but that two times I've been up there it has sucked because of the weather. It would start snowing really hard and couldn't see. I really want to make it up to Providence Canyon a lot this year and to the top of Mt. Logan. PRov Canyon is only 5 minute drive from my house. I just wanted to try something new. I heard good things about Bountiful but never had been. I'm not bored of Franklin just thought of seing something new. Haha if I've got it that good in Logan maybe ILl just stay here and the occasional trip to my cabin in Alpine, WY. Phatty great job on the Boondockers movie my favorite movie this year by far! Great job! You probably know your way around Prov better than me since I've never been there on a good day. We should hook up for a ride.

thanks man! glad you enjoyed it! so now i hear you have a cabin in alpine... man... 5 minutes from prov... 20 minutes to TG/FB... and 1.5 hours to Alpine... you are living the dream my friend! Star Valley is #1 on my riding places, its better than canada!!!

We would love to get you out on a ride this winter! There is a pretty big cliff up prov canyon i have been looking at for a couple years. Maybe we can hit perfect conditions up there and show you the area!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
thanks man! glad you enjoyed it! so now i hear you have a cabin in alpine... man... 5 minutes from prov... 20 minutes to TG/FB... and 1.5 hours to Alpine... you are living the dream my friend! Star Valley is #1 on my riding places, its better than canada!!!

We would love to get you out on a ride this winter! There is a pretty big cliff up prov canyon i have been looking at for a couple years. Maybe we can hit perfect conditions up there and show you the area!

haha I think I just found my new guide. I've been up to Alpine once but that was two years ago and the snow kinda sucked. I wasn't able to make it up last year unfortunately. Usually we have to dig into our cabin but two years ago it was like there was nothing. We need to get a group together and go up to my cabin theres two bedrooms, couches that turn into beds, and plenty of of floor space. Always have heard great things about Alpine. We don't even need to trailer from the cabin to Greys Canyon just ride over. Then after hit Gunnars for some amazing pizza.
Killerk we definetly need to hook up on some rides this year seems like we tried last year but didn't happen.

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
I agree, Star Valley is one of the best places to ride, Although I am byist because I grew up there. If you have a cabin in Alpine, There are some other places in Star Valley to ride that get you to the fun places alot quicker than riding the road for miles on end to get to the fun stuff just in time to turn around. One good place is up willow creek, kind of by Bedford, There is a good place to park and pretty much anyone could handle the area if you have someone who knows the terrain. There are a ton of chutes to climb and come down. Big bowls to play around in. It has been a few years since I have been back to ride that area, I can't wait to go this year. I could go on forever about all the places in Star Valley to ride. Anyone who hasn't been should definetly check it out. Star Valley is a snowmobilers paradise.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
These are from Grand View, about 3 years ago.

the church
IMGP0666.JPG
IMGP0662.JPG
IMGP0664.JPG
IMGP0660.JPG
IMGP0667.JPG
IMGP0650.JPG
Straight%20up.png

Last edited:
Premium Features