• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Today's ride in Driggs Idaho.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I should mention.
Moral of the story.
4 of us rode into the woods together on the way up to the summit.
All 4 of us were TOTALLY SEPERATED within minutes as each tried to find a clean path through the trees and NOT get stuck.
3 out of four of us ended up stuck.

SELF RESCUE was the name of the game.
Even with really good coms, it still took my group more than half an hour to locate me, and I knew EXACTLY where I was and did my best to walk them right to me.

On the back of my truck I have 3 decals.
Yesterday was the first time in years i gave it any thought

2024-01-19_12-04-13.jpg

2024-01-19_12-03-48.jpg

2024-01-19_12-04-36.jpg

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
I’ve been riding with just Yoyo (my wife) a lot over the years and often have her wait while I explore up a drainage to make sure it is doable and to set track for her. In a number of occasions I’ve had to radio her and tell her it’s going to be awhile😂😂 I’m in a situation. 100% of the stucks I have when it’s the two of us, I will be getting myself out.
Moral of the story is always be prepared to get yourself unstuck, if you are the stongest rider in your group in most cases the others can’t get to you.
It is good to have help as it’s quick work to get out.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I’ve been riding with just Yoyo (my wife) a lot over the years and often have her wait while I explore up a drainage to make sure it is doable and to set track for her. In a number of occasions I’ve had to radio her and tell her it’s going to be awhile😂😂 I’m in a situation. 100% of the stucks I have when it’s the two of us, I will be getting myself out.
Moral of the story is always be prepared to get yourself unstuck, if you are the stongest rider in your group in most cases the others can’t get to you.
It is good to have help as it’s quick work to get out.
Right on the money

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
I should mention.
Moral of the story.
4 of us rode into the woods together on the way up to the summit.
All 4 of us were TOTALLY SEPERATED within minutes as each tried to find a clean path through the trees and NOT get stuck.
3 out of four of us ended up stuck.

SELF RESCUE was the name of the game.
Even with really good coms, it still took my group more than half an hour to locate me, and I knew EXACTLY where I was and did my best to walk them right to me.

On the back of my truck I have 3 decals.
Yesterday was the first time in years i gave it any thought

View attachment 414832

View attachment 414833

View attachment 414834
My buddy has sticker that says "WARNING DON'T FOLLOW ME --YOU WONT MAKE IT"

Premium Features