• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Chassis Change

R
Feb 24, 2009
Gunnison, Co
The m1000 engine uses a different motor mount configuration. the clutch side removable chassis plate is different, the 1000 has 5 bolts going into the motor (around the crank), the 700 only uses 4. then on the exhaust side the 1000 has a custom motor mount that is welded onto the chassis near the steering hoop, the 700 does not. the 1000 also has an extra mount on the front of the motor that the 700 again does not.
I'm not sure if the dimensions of the chassis are the same, i think they are, maybe you can swap the clutch side plate for the one off your 1000, and maybe even the front motor mount, but to get the extra exhaust side mount you would probably have to have someone weld one on.
I hope this is helpful, and maybe someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, it happens sometimes!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
The m1000 engine uses a different motor mount configuration. the clutch side removable chassis plate is different, the 1000 has 5 bolts going into the motor (around the crank), the 700 only uses 4. then on the exhaust side the 1000 has a custom motor mount that is welded onto the chassis near the steering hoop, the 700 does not. the 1000 also has an extra mount on the front of the motor that the 700 again does not.
I'm not sure if the dimensions of the chassis are the same, i think they are, maybe you can swap the clutch side plate for the one off your 1000, and maybe even the front motor mount, but to get the extra exhaust side mount you would probably have to have someone weld one on.
I hope this is helpful, and maybe someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, it happens sometimes!

You are exactly right, but there is more to be changed to make it work than what you listed. I just finished today doing this exact thing, and unless you want to spend LOTS of hours fabricating, tig welding, and fitting, don't buy the M7 bulkhead and tunnel!!!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I think he meant a 2007 M8 bulkhead guys... if thats the case yes it will work for a 1000 motor. Cat didnt make an M7 in 2007. Just 05-06. Then it changed to the M8 in 07. A bulkhead from an 07 m6,m8,m1000 will work. Its the same part number all the way up to the 2011 M8 bulkhead.

Premium Features