• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which skis to upgrade to on my Nytro, Simmons Gen III ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just seems your expectations on the ski might be a little high.
It would be HARD for me to imagine a worse ski than what I have right now!.

And I have to admit, everyone I know with a Nytro around here rides with the Simmons skis and loves them. They had all suggested I upgrade.

So the Gen III seems like it might be a natural evolution in the right direction.

And, I have come to learn that "MotoPsych-o" and OFT Racing are pretty reliable. So I am willing to take the risk.

I just have to get my hands on a pair of them before the snow flies next season.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Y
Here's Val's sled with the Gen IV's. It was definitely a little easier to steer compared to my stock mountain skis. Also less vibration on the handle bars but it could have been my set up. Has anyone else tried it?

DSCN0885.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Gen IV's? First I've heard of those...

top-secret.jpg

Even Simmons doesn't know about this yet! :face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, if he is already riding on Generation 4, and they haven't even released Generation 3 yet, than that is one forward looking company!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hmmm. How are those different than the current models?

They actually look like 10" wide GenII's with the narrow 3.5" wide keels of the GenIII.
But that's kinda hard to tell without seeing them next to it side by side.

attachment.php

Last edited:

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
When I met him a couple months ago, I asked him if they were Gen 2's. He said no ,they are Gen 4. He told me what the difference was but I was more interested in his propane turbo.

That's kind of like when you meet a total hottie and she tells you her name but you forget it because you're more intersted in her.....

Well, you know where I was going :D

And, I have come to learn that "MotoPsych-o" and OFT Racing are pretty reliable. So I am willing to take the risk.

What do you mean? "Pretty reliable"??? Did we let you down in some way, shape or form?

;)

Gen III's are nice. All I have to say on the matter.

scmurs

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
When I met him a couple months ago, I asked him if they were Gen 2's. He said no ,they are Gen 4. He told me what the difference was but I was more interested in his propane turbo.

Hmmmm. Intersting.

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Hmmm, they're on Val's sled and he "is" Simmons, so they must be top secret. Shhhh

Ok let's get this cleared up....those ARE Gen4's. There is one set in existence and yes they are on Val's Nytro they are 10 inch ski's with the 8 inch keel on them....they ARE not going into production. Val was just trying new things. Just to get it it out right now the next ski will be a Gen5 these will be a trail application that are 5.5 inches wide for the trail riders. The gen3's are going to be available next year and are gonna retail for around 420.00 RETAIL. The Gen5's are a little further out. NOW any question?

Michelle :)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ahhhh HA. I knew my eyes did not deceive me.

And for the record, I like the Gen3 design....

Last edited:
Premium Features