• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 HP #'s

R

Reedvalve

Nov 26, 2009
Did OT come up with another user name?
He seemed to be the only other moron saying an extra 60cc's wouldn't give 20hp. And I would believe that statement if nothing else was a factor like porting and timing.
Just Flower doesn't make a cake...it's the combo of several things.
If your referring to me as a moron, ive got a fairly good handle on the two stroke. I wish I was closer to most of you mountain guys, I'm in upstate NY. Anyways, just to keep the thread going if anyone else is interested, I was wondering if any of the guys here have ran into stock bore 800's that gave the big bore a hard time or beat it? Or, do you mostly see that the BB is just too much for the smaller stock bore no matter what? Our stock bore had twin trail pipes on it last season, it is currently hooked to the dyno, and will R&D it more for lake race and hill climbs for coming season. I feel that were at a disadvantage to the Rev chassis as far as making hp, but will see how it goes.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
all i am going to say is slim admitted my pol was getting his shr 860.:hurt:

TIM, TIM, TIM, I said you got me on THAT Run, you know dang well my 860 and your Drragon Turbo traded marks all week long .......... Every dawg has his day, same with Toyz M8 Turbo, Traded marks, I got him, he got me. On one race out on the trail, I was pulling him and then I hit my rev limiter and he went by.

Bottom Line, SHR 860 w/ Straightline head, Stock Pipe, HPS can, runs with and can BEAT PGT's .......................

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I know why some of those 860s run so godd, MAGIC!!

j/k, but there is a hint of a possible truth there. The "golden" combo.
Sometimes things will work much better if it's set JUST SO, example being some sleds puts on e-start and that extra ring on the clutch somehow makes it gain top speed.

Or that 2000 RMK 800 a guy had, stock but beat ANY stock sled on the ice for top speed. Just kept going and going.

A 860 kit differs from stock how? cc's, porting and pistons MINIMUM + tuning.
The thing that I find interesting and what seems to be forgotten in this thread is the piston! That small piece of alu-alloy that takes all the beating while turning chemicaly stored energy in gas to rotating force.

Design a "perfect" engine and throw in a crappy piston = boat anchor.
If the pistoncant take the abuse, you cannot extract max power from the engine. Can it take heat or does it melt, forcing you to jet way up?
Can it dissipate heat (rings!!) or does it again force you to run to rich for power?

As BJ stated, porting is a LOT more than timing!!! Daltech mention some of the power we find on this side of the pond (yeah, I hear the dyno he's talking about when he makes runs!!) and it seems way different somehow??
PF racing in Sweden builds som T-Cats with 230+Hp with stock cyls (ported to high heaven of course), awesome rsponse with 48mm carbs and an exh. port you wont believe!

Surface of intake and transfers + aero-dynamics = flow!!!

Does this link work? : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1378740422275&ref=mf

It sure did.

Last edited:
Premium Features