• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc reverse question ?

S
Mar 6, 2009
Is it possiable to install a PERC reverse on a 2001 xc 700 or will i have to go to a mechanical ? What i have picked up by reading is i will need a 2003 xc 700 oil pump as it will pump in reverse the rest is a kit that is available on ebay or through a dealer .. my engine is the liberty 700 with no power valves ... thx :confused:

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
perc

You should be able to switch the mechanical stuff. Flywheel, oil pump, starter dog, driven, etc. Some guys don't even change the oil pump because they don't run it in reverse that long. Problem is the CDI. The VES timing curve is different than the non VES but it may work on the non VES motor. Other thing it the wire harness adapter that goes from the CDI to the main harness. You need to double check that to see if it will plug in. Again I think it will but you ought to double check. If you have a friend with PERC already, try his harness and CDI on yours. You won't have the perc function until you hook up the perc switch but you can see how the timing curve is.

R
Dec 3, 2007
Wiring harness is definately different, but the kit will include a new one. I bought a kit for my and my wifes 02 500/800. I installed the kit on the 500 and it worked fine, a little popping during idle where I suspected the timing may be different. I have researched this and found out that the 02 had a 14 degree advance timing, and the 03 had a 18 degree advance timing. I swapped out the CDI and wiring harness (made it sou I could swap very easily) and am working on the timing some more. I have thought about getting an ofset timing key - 3.5 degrees and making up the rest in the stator plate.

Mar 2, 2009
My 02 700 has the optional switch to run on premium gas which I believe set the timing at 17 degrees. Do you guys think that this might be close enough with the new cdi box to not notice any difference without going to the 18 degree flywheel?

Premium Features