• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 M-8 Seems just as quick as a XP to me.

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
i should be riding with a m8 and some very well setup xp's next weekend. i will report back what my observations are! i have ridden the xp's and they are very impressive! :D:D

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have the 09 M8 162 with an slp pipe and my buddy is still amazed that he cannot outclimb me on his 09 XP 154. I weigh 60lbs more than him and outclimb him every time. Rider skill, we are the same.

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
The -09 800 AC's performs best of all, they were compared with other 800's and nytro in the Swedish magazine Snowmobile and the xfire 800 had best acceleration and top speed of all and that shows that AC's 800 puts most hp's to the ground and that the engines runs very strong

B

Bounty Hunter

Nov 27, 2007
colorado/ Glenwood Springs
out climbed xps

I rode with two xps last weekend. one very good rider, one ok. We tried the climb at there cabin. No brainer to the top, 3/4th the way up ep turned out. I went to the top and turned arround. Even the ski doo boys said good climb. I did put D&D y pipe,Tan spring in primary clutch. I ride a M1000 mod. This is my wifes machine. VERY impressed.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
No, no, no... That can't be true. I saw the XP Challenge propaganda.

The XP was blasting over the crest, and the AC was 10 feet up the hill. Yeah, they say the XP is that much better, and I believe them.

Update: For clarification, It's Humor... I really don't care what you ride. Just ride...

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
No, no, no... That can't be true. I saw the XP Challenge propaganda.

The XP was blasting over the crest, and the AC was 10 feet up the hill. Yeah, they say the XP is that much better, and I believe them.

No, no....that was last year. Now Cat has the Powderclam track so they are stuck 20 feet up the hill. ;)

C
Oct 31, 2008
09 Cats are good! I ride a 09 m1000, but I am not brand loyal. The 09 xp works well, On a pull the xp can't touch a m1000, but still they are very fun to ride.

The 09 M8 aren't having any problems pulling the 07/08 M1k, and the 09 M1k is amazing for a box stock sled. (mines a little heavy on the front for my taste)
The XP is no slouch, in fact it took quite a few mods to my 08 M8 to get it running neck and neck with an XP (I might have had a slight advantage after $2500 and weeks of dialing it in, but not enough to say I'm an XP killer) Either way, they are all runners, but this year it is advantage Cat.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
As for the hills of Duluth. That might nbe the only hills I run for a while

I'll be near the shutes of Mt Jeffy this week but probably stay off of them. As for lake racing, just about any 600 trail sled will beat any of my sleds. I think my 1000 goes about 80 although I guess I wouldn't know.
I'm quite amazed how many Doo guys read the Cat posts. Talk about lurkers.
Why are they so sensitive?
One of my ''big goals'' this week is to kick a Doos azz with my wife's sled.

Did ya' know that XP is what the astronaughts drink after they recycle their water?

Owen

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
I ride 09 m8, with slp pipe, diamond s hood, no rear flap or tail light, no boggie wheels, anyway it is light as I can make it. 162 track. Bill rides a 09 xp as light as he can make. The xp has a can and Bills own setup. 143 track ? or is it a 146? anyway My 8 will not climb with. All most!! Last year rode 7, Bill had 08 xp same results. Bill knows how to set up that dammm doo. Its all good.

S
Nov 28, 2007
My hills are all cats. My XP and Dragon are the minorities for sure. I like it. It's fun beaten up on all the M8,M1000,M1200.:D

All the new sleds seem to rock this year. The new cat track is awesome. But the reality of it is set up is everything. My XP makes stock XP's look like a kid sled.;) And if your lucky you have an awesome dealer who knows how the make a sled rip.

When it comes to stock sleds its all about the dealer and how much time they are willing to spend making sure your new sled set up is as good as they can make it. Very few sleds are put together out of the box are running at 100%. M8 is an awesome sled have fun with it.:beer;

Premium Features