• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Polaris IQR 800 Mountain Sled!

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Last chance. First offer of $6500 takes it! I'll give this a couple of weeks, then it's sold for an offer I've already received. For that price, don't expect much help with delivery unless I'm already heading your way. I will be in SLC in the next month or so and can bring it with me then.

2008 IQR w/800 motor
- Custom built Carl's Cycle motor
- V Force Reeds
- Bored Carbs
- Dyno Port single pipe and y-pipe built for the 800 motor
- Team light weight secondary clutch
- Large Polaris gas tank, ~8 gallons
- Holz 39" to 41" front end with Fox Zero Pro shocks
- Gripper skis
- Holz tunnel extension with Rox foot treads
- Holz Alpha X read skid with Fox Evol X shocks, straight rails
- Anti-ratchet drivers with 155" Assault competition track, currently full of screws for racing, easily removed. Has tunnel/heat exchanger protection if you want to keep the screws.
- Mountain Fit custom painted light weight hood
-Straight handle bars with mtn. bar
- Tiny Tach
- Boondocker Nitrous with activator on the carbs and handle bar button. 3 lb aluminum bottle

I put a lot of $ into this motor making it user/mtn friendly. It was a full race motor when I bought it, built by Carl's Cycle. It has full cylinder and case porting. I put lower compression domes in it so it now runs on pump gas. It had race twins on it. I put a Dyno Port 800 single pipe on it. So while it now runs on pump gas, it runs better and pulls way harder than a stock motor; and is reliable.

When I got the motor and pipe ready for a ride and some tuning, I found that both rear shocks were sacked out. The front track shock has been replaced with a new one. The rear shock was rebuilt by Carl's Cycle.

This suspension set up, front and rear, will make you never go back to stock. Handles the big bumps and hits with ease, makes the little chatter bumps all but disappear.

I never used the nitrous but it is ready to hook up and go. The bottle is full as I was using it on another sled and sold it before I used up the nitrous. The sled had more power in race form than I could hang on to so I never played with the nitrous.

I have a vent kit for the hood from Mountain Fit, just never put it on. The kit comes with the sled.

The sled did not have a tach on it when Ii bought it, so I put the Tiny Tach on it. See it in the pics on the handle bars. It shows the current hours on the sled and RPM when it's running.

I put a new pistons/rings in it when I was done racing it, spring of 2010. Tried to sell it in race form after that and didn't get many bites. It sat in the garage or trailer all summer and this winter until I made the above changes to it this spring. The new top end has maybe 150 miles on it.

The sled is light weight and handles great. Like I said, the suspension is incredible! I'm selling because I'm getting out of hillclimb racing and am buying a turbo to play on.

See new price above. Don't want this sled sitting in my garage all summer, motivated to sell. Might consider 4X4 4-wheeler for partial trade. Make me an offer.

Sled is located in Northeast Nevada. Willing to do some travel for delivery if needed. Please call 775-934-7965 or PM me if interested.

Shannon

IMG_0086.jpg IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0082.jpg IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0085.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0092.jpg IMG_0087.jpg IMG_0093.jpg IMG_0094.jpg

Last edited:
Z

Zone28M7

Sep 28, 2009
Louviers, CO
What is the track length? I've got 2006 AC M7 for sale. Built specifically for boondocking. Lemme know if initerested.

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Sorry for the slow response, I didn't have internet access over the weekend.

It's a 155.

Zone: I'd consider a deposit until October. My cell number is in the original post, call me and maybe we can work something out.

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Timber, do you have an offer in mind? Let me know what you're thinking.

John, no offense but shipping to Norway is a bit expensive and not my first choice. I will keep it in mind tho!

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
No worries, I think shipping to Norway is steep to:S

To be honest, I hope you get this sled sold in one piece...a little to nice as it is to break apart:)

Last edited:
Premium Features