• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yahoo!!! Bought a new sled today!!!:-)

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Found a great deal on an 05 900 166 Anniversary Edition and decided to pull the trigger on it:D Yes I know these sleds have their problems and quirks, I have been doing a LOT of research on them lately and would like to think I am going in on this with my eyes open. The sled has a new Top end with updated pistons, new stator and a couple other things in that department, as well as brand new '09 gripper skis that have never seen the snow, what I am guessing is probably an HPS can on it, and scratchers...:D

Just can't wait to tear into this thing, First on the list is new throttle body boots, followed by removing the front radiator and installing a Skinz bumper, removing the sway bar, an SLP vent kit, Tether, probably an intake (either Fire and Ice or Timbersled) and double checking the oiler cable (the throttle section of the cable is in excellent condition).

My buddy has an '06 9 that rips, so I know what these 9s are capable of given the proper amount of finesse and elbow grease, just can't wait for the snow now:D:D

Here's a couple quick pics, gonna take more tomorrow as it is in my buddies garage at the moment...

100_3075.jpg

100_3076.jpg

100_3079.jpg

100_3078.jpg

100_3080.jpg

:D

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
Nice 900 you got there. Congrats. With the skinz bumper that you are getting are you going to get the 09 version and change your plastic to the narrow front end? Don't forget a set of better boards either. The best part about getting a new sled is starting the mods process all over again. :D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Thanks guys:beer;

No, not gonna do the 09 style front end, am planning on getting the Skinz bumper and float plate tho, as you can see my buddies sled has that setup and it works extremely well for him:D

Can't wait to dig into it tho... starting tomorrow:D:eek::D

R J snow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
CA
new 900

looks new how many miles? good luck and have a blast with it.:)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT

congrats..i am sure you will have a few headaches every once in a while, lol but its ALWAYS WORTH IT...

hit me up if you ever need any help Seth...

here is a few pics of mine in march when i was messing with it last...i love my baby!!

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
If you want a better bumper than sledude...install a treedog bumper!! Install takes about 20 minutes and is VERY STRONG!!

My buddy tested his endover end off the rocks (about 15 flips wish we had it on video) Bumper mangled but the sled had zero structual damage. Bent the bars, broke the master cylinder lid, brakeline, and the plastic piece that bolts the hood to the body. Thanks to that bumpers' strength (and the poo bulkhead), otherwise, that sled would've been a total.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Cool seth.. I still kinda miss mine a little.. :D... best mod you can put on for keeping that sled running for years is the compfusion motor mounts.. :D

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
verryyy clean sled man :)

my dad just picked up a '05 50th anv. RMK 900 151", traded our '64 olds for it lol.. holz spindles, fire n ice intake, slp pipe and can, ice scratchers, bar risers, vforce 3 reeds, new crate motor w/ all updates, and some other small things.

i'm very excited to try this sled out..sucks buying it in the middle of summer huh? Just gotta stare at it for 6 months untill the snow starts falling :(

Premium Features