• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S module

Motodrew

Lifetime Membership
You will need to unbolt/ remove the lower a arms. The dismantling process is quite a bit faster than the re-installment. Getting the bolts realigned up can painstaking. A few hours should suffice for the job. If you are looking to strengthen up this S Module, take a look at GripNRipRacing's support braces. Here is the bundle pack:

http://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=148&controller=product

L
May 15, 2009
You will need to unbolt/ remove the lower a arms. The dismantling process is quite a bit faster than the re-installment. Getting the bolts realigned up can painstaking. A few hours should suffice for the job. If you are looking to strengthen up this S Module, take a look at GripNRipRacing's support braces. Here is the bundle pack:

http://www.gripnripracing.com/index.php?id_product=148&controller=product

Looking for the information for a friend on the time involved to change out the S module. Really not interested in the GripNRip bracing, but thanks anyway.

free2fawl

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
McCall ID
As long as you're you've got the sled taken apart I would definitely add the Grip and Rip support braces. I have both the S-module and lower a-arm support braces on my sled. A must IMO if you ride the trees. Not much added weight for the extra strength and piece of mind

J
Dec 15, 2008
Orofino, Id
Just out of curiosity how is not adding bracing worth it when you'll (or they) will already have the sled torn down? If they plan on keeping the sled it's still less than most deductibles if it comes to that..... But to each his own, just curious….

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
Mixed feelings on them myself. I've seen pics where it looks like they worked but I think you are just pushing the impact energy further back into the chassis. I'm putting them on my sons sled right now because the s module is jacked and I'm pulling it straight then bracing it. I had them sitting in the shelf. Probably replace the module over the summer.

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
Honestly, putting on the grip and rip bracing was the very first mod I did to my 09 XP. When I got a good look at that S module and saw how cheap the bracing was , it was a no brainer. Buddy I ride with has bent his S Mod and I'm still straight. Its not the BIG hit that "pushes impact energy further back into the chassis" that I'm concerned with. It's the accidental "thunk" on a stump that causes you 4-6 minimum hours of work the following week when you buds are still out rippin pow.

L
May 15, 2009
Again, thanks for all the replies.
As of right now, I don't know if they are going to fix the sled or not as it hasn't been torn down to see what if any damage is done. Have been told that there is NO extra money for the GripNRip bracing so again that is not an option for them. I was just trying to see what approximate time it would take to do the change if it's needed for them.

B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
Again, thanks for all the replies.
As of right now, I don't know if they are going to fix the sled or not as it hasn't been torn down to see what if any damage is done. Have been told that there is NO extra money for the GripNRip bracing so again that is not an option for them. I was just trying to see what approximate time it would take to do the change if it's needed for them.

I don't quit understand the "no money for Grip-n-rip braces"? For $150 bucks you can have the complete set. For $115 you could get the Z-Bros skid and s module brace. Seems like cheap insurance to me but if they are not on your menu, then I put this info out for others who may be following this thread.

L
May 15, 2009
I don't quit understand the "no money for Grip-n-rip braces"? For $150 bucks you can have the complete set. For $115 you could get the Z-Bros skid and s module brace. Seems like cheap insurance to me but if they are not on your menu, then I put this info out for others who may be following this thread.

It's really quite simply, they don't have any extra money.
I appreciate the responses for the question I asked for them about the S model only.
I'm sure that IF anyone is willing to DONATE the bracing to them they would most likely take it.

Last edited:
B
Sep 19, 2010
Utah/South Dakota
It's really quite simply, they don't have any extra money.
I appreciate the responses for the question I asked for them about the S model only.
I'm sure that IF anyone is willing to DONATE the bracing to them they would most likely take it.

I apologize for not answering your initial question, but as others have pointed out, it would seem the wise choice would be to protect ones investment? It is hard not to pass judgement here, but if "they" can not afford the small investment in protection, then perhapss "they" should find a hobby that they can afford?
4 to 6 hours depending on tools and skill level is about right. The nun is pretty easy to straighten once the s module is out of the way. Been there, done that!

L
May 15, 2009
Been thinking about this for awhile after reading some of the posts on SnoWest. It seems like when a question is asked any where on SnoWest there always, well not always, seems that it is taken for granted that they need or want more information then what was requested. Have found that it is generally easier for me to just send that person a PM on their question.

There is always more to the post then what is printed. Take this post for example. I asked what the time to replace the S module for a friend was, nothing else, just the time involved. There were a couple of posts answering that question, but the others wanted to include the Grip N Rip bracing, not answering the original question. This person as stated doesn't have the funds for the bracing, nor are they sure they need to replace the S module as the sled hasn't been torn down to look at. The question was asked so that they had a rough estimate of the time involved if it was needed. They have fallen on hard times, which I hope that none of you ever have happen to you. They were taken sledding by their friends probably the first and last time of the season. The friends paid for their fuel, filled their oil, provided transportation, paid for the meals without ever once wondering if they would be repaid! They just wanted to take their friend sledding without them having to worry about funds. I think we would all like to have friends like that, I know I would.

With that said, I know that I try and take care at what I post as I may not be aware to the whole story. Yes, I make mistakes on my posting, but I try to watch what I say closely, but sometimes I don't think before I post.

If I have offended anyone with this I apologize.

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
Hey lost, there is way to many people trying to "help" sometimes it is kind of funny. I for one see them bent with or without braces on them! Just did a T3 with the braces on it spindle was bent also.. anyway how bad is it because if he is on a budget there is ways to straighten the sled out a bit so it is ridable for the time being or forever.. We have the ability to strap the chassis down and pull the front end straight on most of them. It was pretty common in 08 and 09. but newer sleds pull the same. it can take as little as an hour ($100) or so... hope that helps and yes 4-6 hours depending if anything else is bent such as where it bolts to the E module.. hope that helps save you money PM me if you are local I can make you a good deal on the s module also...

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
We have the ability to strap the chassis down and pull the front end straight on most of them. It was pretty common in 08 and 09. but newer sleds pull the same. it can take as little as an hour ($100) or so...

Any videos of this process? I've tried with a winch, straps, rock bar & sledge, without success. Other things looked like they were going to bend. Does your process straighten the module only, or does everything tweak a little? I have an xp that could use a little straightening & I'm not too far away, but I don't want to bend anything else, as all I need at this point is to replace the module.

Premium Features