• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track rub in tunnel

Oct 29, 2010
I have an 06 King Cat 162 Titanium. I bought it off a guy who claimed he changed the track out. Im not sure if 06 still had the attack 20 under it but this has a camoplast 2.25 under it. I have checked all the alignments through the windows, relation to sliders ect. But when riding the trails to the hills or on hard pack with bumps I still have paddle rub somewhere. I can not figure out where though. Any ideas?

Another problem I noticed is that I have fox floats on this machine and no room on the upper a -arm to fit a coil over in there. I like these floats now that I have played around with them, I weigh 200 lbs so what kind of pressures should I run them. I want to get this machine alot smoother especially for the trails to the hill.

Jul 22, 2009
1M - welcome to the club of King Cats. You will be amazed at what that sled can do compared to the newest and "best" sleds. I am pretty sure that all of the King Cats came with the A20, but there are some guys on here that know far more than I do that should be able to confirm if they ALL did.

As for the floats, I'm about 2 bills as well in full gear and I run 60 to 65 lbs up front.I've done quite a bit of weight saving work up there so it rides a little stiff but I prefer it that way. Also, I find the clutch side needs a few more psi to keep it balanced - especially if you have a light weight can.

Hope this helps. Lots of King Cat knowledge in this forum.

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
Check it out

1MRIDER, I also bought a KK late last year and installed a New Power Claw on it this summer, first ride out I felt a vibration like track hitting tunnel, make sure your skid is not hitting your drivers, I had to cut off the ends of the rails and installed a Anti Stab Kit to be on the safe side, I am curious does it have drop brackets because that will change the angle of you supension and could cause it to hit drivers, love the KK and Power Claw MADDOGWFO

P1010075.jpg

Last edited:
M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
One other thing I thought of if the track is truly hitting tunnel buy a pair of some aftermarket rear supension adjustment blocks, you can stiffen up the the back end more and the aluminum blocks will last longer, MADDOGWFO

P1010074.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features