• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rebuild Questions

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
I just noticed one of my pistons is scored so I have some work ahead of me. Firstly, do most of you use a piston pin puller or just a socket to get the piston off? If you're using a puller, is it the AC one (part # 0644-328)?

Second, the sled only has 550 miles on it. Is there any worry about only rebuilding the PTO side?

Once I get it appart I'll post a few pics to see if anyone has a diagnosis. Thanks

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I've never needed a puller with the AC motors, usually I just pull the circlip and the pin will slide out with finger pressure. The last polaris motor I took apart was a different story.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Usually the pins will just slide out. If it sticks, you can make a puller with a few washers, something for a tube and some threaded rod. I doubt you need to be concerned about changing the other one out. Not much for wear with those few miles on it.

S
Dec 1, 2007
Jackson, WY
Thanks for the advice fellas. I was worried I might put to much side-to-side stress on the lower crank bearings, but they came out easier than some of the others I've seen. The side that burned down actually needed quite a bit of force w/ a socket while the other side slide right out with finger pressure.

Premium Features