• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Piston Choice

mn2mtns

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2008
Montevideo, MN
Our shop just bought a 2005 900 RMK with a broken exhaust valve which led to a damaged piston and cyl. I am wondering which pistons we should put back in it. We want to do it right as it will be resold and want the next owner to have a trouble free sled. I have used Wisecos in some of my personal sleds with excellent results but I know they are getting a proper warm up. I believe in OEM pistons as a good product but they are quite pricey. I don't know much about the SPI pistons and am looking for some feedback from someone who has used them. We are in the sled right and want to fix it right because that is how we operate.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
OEM is the only way to go with pistons for the 900. You will get mixed responses on this discussion, but OEM will be the top choice.

W

Weatherbyman

Sep 28, 2009
Renton, WA
MAKE SURE they are the OEM '06 pistons. I just got done replacing the pistons in my '05 with the ones from '06. The skirt is a lot stronger and designed better!!

Premium Features