• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooke City 12/19- 12/20... Who's going

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
A group of us from Bozeman decided to head up there this weekend and I was just curious who we might run into and who else had similar plans. I'll make sure to post pictures when we get back for anyone interested in conditions. Hope to see some of ya there.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Bozo riders going as well.

We are headed up there. Grey duramax with a sled deck and a two place. Looks like we're sponshured by polaris (unfortunately). Wanted to go today but everyone had to work. Maybe see ya up there.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Nice. Well I got an old beater black Rev and I'll be riding with a guy on an AC HCR. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Right on, we are leaving pretty early (6 bells) some of us have to be back to bozo in the evening. Hopefully it will be as good as some of the photos depict.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
same here. hope to be on the highway at 6 in a Nissan with a two-place. big crew from billings meeting us there. I wonder how busy town will be this close to christmas

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
looks good

Pretty sure we saw you guys there. My buddies speedometer doesn't work on his truck and we usually end up going waaay too fast through the park. I am surprised he hasn't been picked up yet. Most of the snow we found was really tracked up, but we didn't make it too far in before we had a sled go down. Brand new 800 RMK with the new Boondocker turbo on it. Felt bad for him. My sled ran like garbage as usual, so we kind of headed back early. Glad you guys had fun, besides the creek bottom. Did you see any Avy's? We saw a goup of dudes highmarking on a hill that I thought for sure would go. Never ceases to amaze me some of the stuff you see guys doing.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Yeah, I think we saw you guys too, parked across from us when we came in. There was a lot of snow tracked up but we didn't have a hard time finding plenty of fresh either. What went down on the turbo? Sorry to hear about your luck this weekend. I guess, it makes you appreciate the good ones. We didn't personally see any avy's but we stuck back away from the hills down in the bottoms behind Round Lake and Lulu. Saw some people climbing those chutes off of Lulu and could only shake my head. Those slide when conditions are good. Cooke seems to be that way though. A lot of people just don't pay attention.

Last edited:
A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Yep, that was us. On the turbo: we are kind of in the dark. He had it set at the lowest boost level and rode it up a little hill a couple of times and it seemed OK, but it actually barely beat my buddies dragon with an slp single on it. Then it started to go into det and then go into limp mode. He had to shut it off and restart it to get it going again. The guy who sold him the turbo seemed to think it might have been the gas he was running. I don't understand that, what the hell is the use of a Pump Gas Turbo if you can't run pump gas in it? Hopefully he gets it figured out. Thats a spicy meatball to drop on a mod and not have it work. Where did your friend get his HCR? If my POS keeps running the way it does I am thinking of trying something else. I was hoping the new AC dealer in Belgrade would be decent. Heard anything?

Last edited:
J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
I'm surprised he hasn't chimed in on here yet. He bought it in Belgrade at Yellowstone Motorsports. Let me know what you find out about that turbo. I've been researching and trying to dig up all I can on them. I'm so torn on my next sled project and can't pin down what I want. My old Rev has treated me so well I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. What are your problems with the sled you have now? I have a couple of riding buddies that have had some serious problems with their Dragons. And for what they cost, there's really no excuse. You guys must've went back Saturday??? I didn't see u in the Soda Butte Saturday night.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Yep, had to go back since his sled pooped out. My dragon ran great for about 2-3 rides last year. It would pull rpms, and I love how easy it was to ride. Then I had the chaincase go out twice, egt sensor crapped out, wouldn't pull rpms, the list goes on. Now it seems completely gutless after the update and the TPS sensor might be tats up. One of the most frustrating things is not having a knowledgeable dealer to take it to in bozo. Next sled...I am leaning hard towards the M8 if I can't get my dragon to run. You? My buddy had an older REV chassis and that was nice to ride. I have tried out a couple of the newer XP's, but could never get used to them. If you look around they all seem to have their problems, it is just picking the lesser of 4 evils.

Premium Features