• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Titanium 1500 M series

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
After 3 long years of planning and building I finally finished my crazy build,
It started back in March 2008 when I was finally fet up with my 925 speedwwerx motor (never ran worth a crap) that i decided to build this beast!
I started with my titanium chassis from diamond S (the 925 was in it) stripped it down to just the chassis and started to mount the big 1500 tripple in it, I planned on doing it all my self but didnt have the time while trying to run my business so off to Thin Air in spring creek NV where finished mounting the motor in it after that was done I had to finish up a couple small things and one big one, the steering, i couldnt use the original m series steering because of room or lack there of because of where i wanted to fit the pipes, so after some thinking I came up with the idea of useing an apex steering post and dcross shaft from mountain performance, with a little extra welding and some more fabricating it was in and worked pretty darn good. Now that all the fab work was done was time to get ready for powder coating cleaned and bead blasted everything then drove it down to Alltizer powder coating in Carson City Nevada ( they did a spectacular job ) ( colors gloss black, and a 2 stage pearl green) they finished up coating in about a week and half, in ht emeantime the engine was sent to Wayde Johnson/tator where he put his touches on this thing, also had indy dan go through the bottom end as well while we were in there finally got the motor back and prceeded to install back in the chassis. I also want to aknowledge another great guy and that is Brad Wursten from power addiction he set me up with the carbs motor plate, coil holders, and my cdi remapping. for the drive train I turned to STM for the clutches and BDX for the DD and to finish it off a 174 CE with timbersled rear suspension. After this much time and lots more money I was very nervous to pull the trigger on this thing for the first time (which was today) my hands were shaking before i climbed on for the maden tuning voyage, now you might wonder why be so nervous and i will just tell you that this write up doesnt even begin to tell you the whole story with this mod adventure and i will leave it at that! Needless to say after a couple runs up the hill all my worries were gone and nothing but smiles for 2 hours of tuning (which the more she got tuned in the bigger the smiles got) almost got the fuel tuned in when I discovered a broken torque arm which haulted todays tuning session but I will be back on hte hill Tuesday to finish dialing in hte clutching and just a dash more fine tuning on the fuel, all in all I am stoked with the first day out with this thing I have never ever pulled the trigger on anything like this before in my life. well enough of tha now for some pics.

Later
Ben

100_1385.jpg 100_1386.jpg 100_1387.jpg 100_1389.jpg 100_1390.jpg

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Nice! I miss seeing this type of mod project rather than another turbo! I need a video of this beast in action:face-icon-small-win

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
heading to towg on friday for 8 days will have some vid of it when i get back from that trip I dont know what it is putting out for HP but Wade Johnson did the motor work and he built the sister to this one and it put out 345 with big air 50's on a dyno so should be close to that and it is a watercraft tripple bottom with PSI jugs and custom head

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
heads

heading to towg on friday for 8 days will have some vid of it when i get back from that trip I dont know what it is putting out for HP but Wade Johnson did the motor work and he built the sister to this one and it put out 345 with big air 50's on a dyno so should be close to that and it is a watercraft tripple bottom with PSI jugs and custom head

Who did your heads ?
what comp #s

Premium Features