• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best IQ Front Bumper

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
As the title states, What are your favorite IQ front bumpers forum? I am looking to do alot of changes to my sled and a bumper is closer to the top. I want something that looks good but is also sturdy as H*LL! Thanks, Brad

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Fastrax/Cobe... cant beat it. Clean look and tough as nails.

DSCF1284.jpg

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It depends...If you are running 05-08 plastics, then the Treedog bumper is by far the best choice. If you are running 09-10 plastics, then the Cobe bumper from Fastrax would be the best choice. The stock bumper on an 09-10 would be my second choice. I own a skinz bumper on one of my 09's.

If you look at how the Treedog attaches compared to the skinz bumper, you will see that upon a medium impact, the bumper will push up in the Y direction, then in the X direction right at the hood, pipe, etc. The treedog bumper due to it's mounting design will keep everything out in front. I've seen major damage on a sled during a pretty minor impact result in major damage.

I also watched a 900 flip endover 6 times with a treedog bumper of the rocks and beside bending the bumper, the only thing that happen beside a little plastic cracking was a broken master cylinder cover.

I've installed about 6 or 7 of treedog Toby's bumpers.

S
Jan 28, 2011
Upper Peninsula
It depends...If you are running 05-08 plastics, then the Treedog bumper is by far the best choice. If you are running 09-10 plastics, then the Cobe bumper from Fastrax would be the best choice. The stock bumper on an 09-10 would be my second choice. I own a skinz bumper on one of my 09's.

If you look at how the Treedog attaches compared to the skinz bumper, you will see that upon a medium impact, the bumper will push up in the Y direction, then in the X direction right at the hood, pipe, etc. The treedog bumper due to it's mounting design will keep everything out in front. I've seen major damage on a sled during a pretty minor impact result in major damage.

I also watched a 900 flip endover 6 times with a treedog bumper of the rocks and beside bending the bumper, the only thing that happen beside a little plastic cracking was a broken master cylinder cover.

I've installed about 6 or 7 of treedog Toby's bumpers.

I believe that I dont have a front rad due to it being a 2007 rmk 600 (another post, about the narrow front end). Is it worth going to the 09-10 plastics? I want to and I was looking at the fastrack bumper is awesome!!!!! Thanks guys/gals for the input.

S
Mar 9, 2010
skinz front bumper is awesome Ive got one on my 08 and a friend i ride with has one, he happened to hit a tree smack in the middle really hard screwed up the bumper but saved the hood and all the plastics. Thats what a good bumper should do

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I think that the Treedog bumpers look like a crappy afterthought. I hate the 2 bumper look. The Skins bumper looks so much cleaner, and as anyone that rides with me can attest to, they can take a hit.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think that the Treedog bumpers look like a crappy afterthought. I hate the 2 bumper look.

Everybody has a personal tastes...They are the easiest to install and keep the snow out well since they don't mess with removing the stock bumper.

IMO... they are pretty darn inconspicuous once installed.

The treedog bumpers are VERY strong and mount to the most secure points to distribute load on the bulkhead.

That being said...

The most sturdy bumper is the TCP... It forms a "sub-frame" that actually helps to strengthen the bulkhead. Ive had one of these and the current owner of the sled is still happy with it after tree hits. I've seen Rideguys sled after a HARD hit with the TCP bumper... no bulkhead damage.

Second most sturdy...Treedog

I've had the SPG bumper in both the 2008 and 2009 + style...Very good quality that I could recommend to anyone as well.

Lots of Quality choices out there.

Premium Features