• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

beacon rental around laramie?

L
Dec 12, 2008
headed to laramie in january, wondering if anyone knows where i can rent a few beacons and probes in the area? and a price? thanks!
luke

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
headed to laramie in january, wondering if anyone knows where i can rent a few beacons and probes in the area? and a price? thanks!
luke

Maverik did, but I don't think they do anymore. I'll do some checking around, post back if anyone does. Dan

L
Dec 12, 2008
thanks a bunch! i found a guy here in MN that rents out his equipment but its already reserved for the time i need it! i googled like crazy but couldnt find any info on rental in the Laramie area..

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
Nobody rents them here, too much liability!! I rented some to guys I was guiding last year, but you are better off buying your own, $300 is a small price to put on your life. Learn to use them before you need it! Not sure if we will be renting any out this year or not, as I am in the process of selling my company.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
thanks a bunch! i found a guy here in MN that rents out his equipment but its already reserved for the time i need it! i googled like crazy but couldnt find any info on rental in the Laramie area..

When are you going out there?

L
Dec 12, 2008
the plan is to leave friday the 7th, ride saturday and sunday and be home on monday the 10th...i'm driving from south eastern MN

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
If you are rolling through Omaha from MN let me know. If we are not out West that weekend I'll find you some loaners......don't want anyone stuck running w/o them.

L
Dec 12, 2008
thanks newmy1, i'm not 100% of the route but i will definately keep it in mind, my post count of 10 probably makes me seem unknowledgeable about this whole out west riding thing and sleds in general but i'm just always on HCS as i know a lot of the guys on there personally and never knew of snowest til about a year ago! i really appreciate the help guys! thanks a bunch!

J

jester18

Jan 26, 2010
Cheyenne WY
LG,

Where are you from? I go out with a group that leaves from Mankato. How many times do you go out per year? One guy in our group out 4-5 times a year. Always nice to know other mountain riders from the area.

L
Dec 12, 2008
LG,

Where are you from? I go out with a group that leaves from Mankato. How many times do you go out per year? One guy in our group out 4-5 times a year. Always nice to know other mountain riders from the area.

this is my first planned trip out west, i got a buddy who lives out there thats gonna show me the ropes, i've heard once you go west you dont go back so thought i'd see what all the hype is about! i'l pry only make one trip this year, i'm from Byron, a small town just west of Rochester.

J

jester18

Jan 26, 2010
Cheyenne WY
LG,

You will love it! I'm selling my short track sled this year for good! Hopefully I will be able to get the Pro-RMK this spring. Where are you staying? We stay at WinterCreekCondos. Very nice setup there.

L
Dec 12, 2008
Jester,

were still debating on the location to stay...my buddy goes to school in the area and can have two visitors in his dorm so if only two of us go we'l stay there, if we can get 3 were going to get a hotel room, newly remodeled super 8 out there with good reviews for $50/night tax included, still working out the details! i'm actually taking a short track out there...

the sleds we plan on taking....

2005 RMK 600 144" 1.25 lug
2001 Edge X 136" 2" paddle
and my baby 2007 IQR with a 600HO and a 121" 2" paddle

really none of the sleds are mountain worthy but i dont have the extra cash to extend the iqr or get the track for the rmk, i sold the 2" 144 when i bought the sled 3 years ago because i thought i'd never get the opportunity to ride it in the mountains...should be an interesting couple days of riding!

do i just need to jet or do i need to change weights/springs?

J

jester18

Jan 26, 2010
Cheyenne WY
I'm not "up" on the polaris stuff too much anymore but for sure re-clutch. I'm not sure if those HO's have the cleanfire injection or not. I even changed my gearing just to get a little lower end bump. After you go out west and never want to ride flatland again, a friend of mine has the perfect sled for you to buy. He bought a new sled last year and usually gets a new one every 2-3 years. I bet that IQR is fun around MN though.

L
Dec 12, 2008
i would absolutely love to buy a new sled but i have a little one on the way so it sounds like i'm going to have to stick with what i have! i plan on longtracking the iq and dropping in an 800 in the next couple years! should make for an interesting trip out west with what i have now though!

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Jester,

were still debating on the location to stay...my buddy goes to school in the area and can have two visitors in his dorm so if only two of us go we'l stay there, if we can get 3 were going to get a hotel room, newly remodeled super 8 out there with good reviews for $50/night tax included, still working out the details! i'm actually taking a short track out there...

the sleds we plan on taking....

2005 RMK 600 144" 1.25 lug
2001 Edge X 136" 2" paddle
and my baby 2007 IQR with a 600HO and a 121" 2" paddle

really none of the sleds are mountain worthy but i dont have the extra cash to extend the iqr or get the track for the rmk, i sold the 2" 144 when i bought the sled 3 years ago because i thought i'd never get the opportunity to ride it in the mountains...should be an interesting couple days of riding!

do i just need to jet or do i need to change weights/springs?

10-54's should work just fine in the 600's---springs should be ok.
Jet for 10-12k ft.
IQR may pull a smidge more weight, not sure. Shorty will get along, as long as you're not too adventurous with the deep stuff.:evil:

B

boatingbent

Dec 18, 2009
Spring valley minnesota

Hey I am from Spring valley Mn and a group of about 12 are going out on the 1st thru the 5th Staying at "Two Dog Chalet"...This will be my 2nd time in the Snowies and love it

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
We brought 2 guys with us last year and Joe hooked us up with a couple for them the first day out, then one guy just decided to pony up and buy his own for the rest of the weekend, the boys at maverick cut him a good deal on it. Its worth it to just buy one cause i have news for you youll need it plenty more. you wont make just one trip out. it is an addiction...have fun

L
Dec 12, 2008
ha thanks for the info guys! i'l forsure buy one if its as addicting as i'm told! like i said above i just found out i have a child on the way so i'm only limited to one trip this year and pry not at all next so buying one thats going to be outdated by the time i get to use it again doesnt seem logical. anyone know of a rental place around Laramie???

Premium Features