• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim helmet

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Rode with the new Klim helmet today. Let me say first it is pretty pricey at close to $400, but it comes with a lot of stuff.
A really nice travel bag
Helmet
extra visor
extra side pads
breath deflector
extra inside helemt padding
All the padding inside the helmet is removable. When I rode today it was snowing a very fine snow. The snow got in the vents on the top and when I took the helmet off the top of my head had snow on it and the inside on the top of the helmet had a little of snow in it. Went back to the truck and put in the other padding (goretex liner)that blocks the weather from coming in the vents and no snow on my head this time. The helmet is very comfy and I was pretty impressed with it. Have to wait and see if the vents on top are a bother or not.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Were you warm or cold in it? Do you wear a hood underneath it?

I had thought those vents had something similar to prefilter material behind then :(

With any luck I'll get to try mine out tomorrow for the first time :)

G

GONRIDIN

I have riden with mine several times now. The vents work great and are not a problem. It took a couple of times of puting my gogles on to get used to pulling the goggles over the vents, but realy just a change in habbit, not a problem. The goretex liner works great...even in the rain. Even when the vents would fill with snow, the helmet didnt feel heavy. In fact, the snow came right out by shaking my head ....just like I normaly would if I filled my other helmet. I would say the helmet is as all of their other products....worth every dime!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
The Klim helmet is everything they say it is and more.

I was freaking freezing because there was so much wind moving through. Also switched to the goretex liner and was much happier. The open one will be great in the summer though!!!

Was light comfortable. Also the cheek pads compressed and the helmet was fitting much easier on and off by the end of the day.

Took a pretty good knock on the helmet today and it did its job. The helmet is spider cracked and probably should be replaced now, but i was really really happy to have it on my head today!

N
Nov 27, 2007
My better half rode in hers on the weekend and absolutely loved it,fits extremely well,light weight,cool or warm,take your pick.....I would recomend this helmet to anybody,just remember that it is sized small....One to two sizes is not uncommon...

Premium Features