• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lock your trailer at Togwotee Mt. Lodge

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
I'm sure this isn't the first post about this, but there always has to be a few bad apples. Some friends of mine parked their trailer at TML to ride for a day, and came back to just about anything not tied down stolen from their trailer. It happened during the day right in the main parking lot. FYI!!!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
netcam.jpg

Those guys in the white truck? Or was it at the "pull out" farther down?

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Man bummer. I always lock my trailer but maybe being from a big city its just a habit. I rode WY last week and although I locked up I wondered if the rural areas have this issue. Question answered.....

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Sorry to hear that.
There's scum everywhere,lock up everything everywhere if you want it to be there when you return.Sad but true.:eek:

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Man bummer. I always lock my trailer but maybe being from a big city its just a habit. I rode WY last week and although I locked up I wondered if the rural areas have this issue. Question answered.....

Yes it does everywhere....have seen the old " keys in gas flap" come back to haunt as well.

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Slight correction...it actually happened at the public parking lot to the west of the lodge. Still sucks though.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
It isn't like the old days. Once about 13 years ago, another rider in our group accidentally left his wallet on the hood of truck, in plain sight.

We were riding all day and when we got back to the green rock parking lot in snowies, it was still there, cash and all.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have heard of too many bad stories. I literally lock everything down. Lock my ramp to the trailer, the superclamps are locked, the hitch pin is locked to the ball, the ball is locked to the truck. $hit I even had to get a locking gas cap last year since some azzhole on the North side of the snowies (Elk Mtn) siphoned 5 gal of diesel out of my truck.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
For some, the old days are still here.

It isn't like the old days. Once about 13 years ago, another rider in our group accidentally left his wallet on the hood of truck, in plain sight.

We were riding all day and when we got back to the green rock parking lot in snowies, it was still there, cash and all.

I find it hard to believe who ever took the goods were sledders. Call me naive. :der:

On the flip side people are careless. We found a avy back pack near Cooke last year and I have posted it on Snowest almost a year ago trying to find the rightful owner. We also mentioned it to some of the local businesses. Still no one has claimed it.

Premium Features