• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

36in A arms do you like them

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Just wandering what people think of their 36in stance. Performance & convienence. Convienence being slipping through the trees & performance self explanatory !

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
I have the alt impact 36'' and would never go back to a wider stance. Had the zbros and felt they were less acceptable in several different areas. The narrow on the trails is hardly an issue. Back out of the throttle for the corners a bit and when you get to the real snow its a whole new sled. I will never go back to wide. What ever brand you get the key for tree riding and side hilling is 36'', but personally zbros is over rated.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Curious why you think zbroz is over rated. I have there normal set and have been toying with the idea of going with there 36" kit. I am more then happy.

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
The problem with the ZBroz 36" arms is you can't use the sway bar. Without the sway bar the sled will want to dive to the low side and pull you into tree wells, etc. No amount of spring preload can make up for the handling with the sway bar attached. I got rid of my ZBroz arms and went with the Alternative Impact 36" arms because it allows the use of the sway bar. It is a night and day difference.

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
Curious why you think zbroz is over rated. I have there normal set and have been toying with the idea of going with there 36" kit. I am more then happy.
Jeff mentioned the sway bar, and i couldnt agree more. Also for me having both brands the durability factor just isnt there, the spindle clearance binding, lower arm failure on the bearing end, and the customer service between the two is decades apart. Nates a great guy but im not giving him any more of my money. thats my first hand experience

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I won't ever go back either love the 36" stance and the zbroz are great zero complaints...the no sway bar didn't matter to me as I put on raptor shocks, valved with no sway bar in mind

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I won't ever go back either love the 36" stance and the zbroz are great zero complaints...the no sway bar didn't matter to me as I put on raptor shocks, valved with no sway bar in mind

Yeah, I have Raptors too. The Alternative Impact arms with the sway bar mount are just that much better.

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Good input

Thanks for the input lady's & gents. Looks like I'll be going to 36 just like I did on my Xp. However wanted to make sure I didn't lose any performance ie. sidehilling. Here's another question what's so magical about 36 why not 37 one inch on each side. Just wandering. Maybe I'll ask one of the manufactures.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I purchased one for my 13 and my cousin purchased one for his 11. He brought to my attention that sitting on the garage floor center to center on narrow is 34.5 centered on the center of the front carbide nuts. My tap measure confirmed this. I have stock shocks with raptor springs and he has float2's 16.5. I would have thought that that 36 would have been the narrowest and so did he. No big deal, just felt almost a little too tipsy on narrow. I only have two days of riding it under my belt and will probably center the skies and run it. I would not go back to stock. For me it felt more stable on the trail than my 08 XP With the 36 Alternative Impact kit on running 52 PSI on Float2's.

Cheers
Shawn

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
Do the Alt impact 36" arms use stock length shocks?

I talked to dan about the shock lengths, and he said that his kit works best with the 13' & 14' shocks, but will also work with the 11' & 12' shocks. You will see a bit more ski pressure with the 11's & 12's.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I purchased one for my 13 and my cousin purchased one for his 11. He brought to my attention that sitting on the garage floor center to center on narrow is 34.5 centered on the center of the front carbide nuts. My tap measure confirmed this. I have stock shocks with raptor springs and he has float2's 16.5. I would have thought that that 36 would have been the narrowest and so did he. No big deal, just felt almost a little too tipsy on narrow. I only have two days of riding it under my belt and will probably center the skies and run it. I would not go back to stock. For me it felt more stable on the trail than my 08 XP With the 36 Alternative Impact kit on running 52 PSI on Float2's.

Cheers
Shawn
how wide are they set at widest?

Premium Features