• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

just snowchecked m1100 turbo sno pro

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
hi guys i just snowchecked one of these what do u guy recomend i get for this thing i'm thinking of an ez jacker and some new skis and a can which can do u suggest and any other info would be nice thanx.

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Cool on the color...

The vented hood panels are available in the Arctic Cat parts catalog. You can get them in black, green, or orange. They come pre-cut with the frogskins installed. Nice looking update that works great to help clear heat.

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
Bang for you're buck

Do a 3 inch 163 or 174 it will outclmb and out handle the other seeds with more power if it can put that power and torque to the snow I. Running a 174 3 on mine with a straight pipe and vent kit I'm 285 without gear and I'm outperforming my buddies that are up to 100 pounds lighter with ref ashes boondcker boxes and so on. Power on a heavy sled means nothing if you can't put it to the snow

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
first thing

Is to get some different wider skies (sly dogs), lighter muffler (BMP or D&D), dial in the clutching (BMP or MDS). Vent the heck out of it. Then if budget allows get a ballistic battery. Then enjoy the heck out of a awesome fun sled.:face-icon-small-hap

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Justboostit is the extra 30HP "worth it" considering you have to add some race gas or use av gas. av gas is pretty easy for me but non eth pump premium is even easier. So for the hassle factor and wear and tear on equipment would you recommend the 250 or 280 set up? Also, Cat did the 2.6" track, 38" front end and steering mod which is great. Did they address the skis or is that still something you need to do?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Skip the ECU remap. At elevation the turbo can't really do more than 200hp, which isn't a reallly noticable improvement. If you want more power you should consider the Big Chute turbo, which costs about 2 grand. It is new though, so you might want to wait a year for that.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
izzni I was asking about the difference in the 2 Big Chute turbo set ups, the 240-250 and the 270-280. For the 280 you have to run some race gas.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Justboostit is the extra 30HP "worth it" considering you have to add some race gas or use av gas. av gas is pretty easy for me but non eth pump premium is even easier. So for the hassle factor and wear and tear on equipment would you recommend the 250 or 280 set up? Also, Cat did the 2.6" track, 38" front end and steering mod which is great. Did they address the skis or is that still something you need to do?

The skis are different, might be better than the '12's but as good as aftermarket Gen 3, SLP PP, ....dare to dream.

At some point in hp you get past the magic hp to weight ratio. At 12lbs my Tpex was enough to offset the weight and get "around". At 15-16lbs it really started to wake up, yet that was only 30-35hp, but a world of difference. At 18-19lbs it was more fun than anyone should be allowed to have.

The Big Chute on a pump tune is 255-260hp. If you have never had that kind of hp I can tell you on that sled it will be fun. Power is addicting so I personally would do the 280hp, especially if you have easy asses to av, and not use it all if it's not needed. There are also some things that will come down the pipe over the summer that have potential to add a few more hp to the 280 kit if you are looking for a little more in the future......

There is also nothing wrong with a reflash or a BD box. Both have the capability to clean up the richness at WOT. Depending on elevation the stock turbo at 6-7500 will still do 21-22lbs. With a divorced downpipe and straight pipe it is still possible to see 225-230 at that elevation. Will that run anywhere near a Big Chute kit even on pump.....no. More air, cooler air, a map designed specifically for that turbo will make it a lot more efficient.

Last edited:
Premium Features