• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What chronic injury do you regularly sustain from riding your ProClimb?

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
Man... I dunno wtf I've been doing, but the last four or five rides this season I keep bashing my right shin in the EXACT same place. I think it occurs when I have both feet on the left board, and my shin gets smacked into the edge of the tunnel below the seat. That's the only thing I can think of.
I kinda realize my leg is aching while riding, but don't bother to investigate until I'm done riding. Upon removal of my riding pants, I have a knot about 3" under my knee that is approximately the size of half of an egg, and the top of my boot is all bloody and sh*t.
Then I'll forget about it by the next weekend, go ride, and do it all over again. I have some shin guards for mountain biking I might rock next time I head out. This is getting kinda retarded.

What body part do you destroy while riding?

Just for kicks, I'll post a pic of a crash which produced the gnarliest non life-threatening wipeout I actually captured on video. My brother was trying to toss the sled around in the air 180 degrees off a small wind drift. Believe it or not, he was actually doing pretty good until he absolutely f*cked up the approach on this one.
He didn't get high enough but still went for it, and the sled came down with the bars directly on his quad. He didn't get up for a few minutes on that one.

IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1530.JPG

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The injury most common is light walletitus due to fixing the pos.
Poo has the same injury rate.
Doo, same thing but it is such a big cult and everyone is brainwashed so minimal info is available.

Yamaha rocks and has a low rate of light walletitus.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
My upper back and shoulders, from riding all the wheelies.
My cheeks and throat, from the huge smiles and all the hollering. Woot woot!
I wear 661 knee pads and chest protector. It helps prevent a lot of bruising.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
The injury most common is light walletitus due to fixing the pos.
Poo has the same injury rate.
Doo, same thing but it is such a big cult and everyone is brainwashed so minimal info is available.

Yamaha rocks and has a low rate of light walletitus.

LMAO...
My walletitus isn't too bad yet. The only $$$ I've had to cough up so far, aside from mods, has been from from my Cats' tree allergy. Trees seem to cause the plastic and sh*tty stock bumper to rapidly disintegrate. This ailment is easily remedied with a bumper that isn't made of tin foil.

The only reason I don't hear more about Yamaha related walletitus is because nobody rides one. Aside from some rental Phazers, I think I've seen one Viper and an Apex so far this season.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
My most recent was a bruised sternum. I had fluid on it all week from casing the bars and landing on the mountain strap. Good thing I religiously wear a tekvest or I might have come out of it with a few broken ribs. I will be happy when I get my cfr bars on.

As for shins, I wear shin guards. I just wear a cheap pair of Fox motocross guards. I don't even notice them.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
My upper back and shoulders, from riding all the wheelies.
My cheeks and throat, from the huge smiles and all the hollering. Woot woot!
I wear 661 knee pads and chest protector. It helps prevent a lot of bruising.

So far just this. after 8 years on an m7 it gives the ol' shoulders and upper back a work out tryin to hang on to all the extra ponies.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
My hearing takes a beating from the bad case of bitchitis my wife gets from me riding my proclimb to much.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Man... I dunno wtf I've been doing, but the last four or five rides this season I keep bashing my right shin in the EXACT same place. I think it occurs when I have both feet on the left board, and my shin gets smacked into the edge of the tunnel below the seat. That's the only thing I can think of.
I kinda realize my leg is aching while riding, but don't bother to investigate until I'm done riding. Upon removal of my riding pants, I have a knot about 3" under my knee that is approximately the size of half of an egg, and the top of my boot is all bloody and sh*t.
Then I'll forget about it by the next weekend, go ride, and do it all over again. I have some shin guards for mountain biking I might rock next time I head out. This is getting kinda retarded.

Just for kicks, I'll post a pic of a crash which produced the gnarliest non life-threatening wipeout I actually captured on video. My brother was trying to toss the sled around in the air 180 degrees off a small wind drift. Believe it or not, he was actually doing pretty good until he absolutely f*cked up the approach on this one.
He didn't get high enough but still went for it, and the sled came down with the bars directly on his quad. He didn't get up for a few minutes on that one.

So wear the right equipment, shin guards are cheap and effective, been wearing them for 15 years

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
So wear the right equipment, shin guards are cheap and effective, been wearing them for 15 years

Word. They're in my gear bag already so I don't forget and leave them this weekend.
I've just never had an issue with it until this season. Made some changes to my boards and steering, and now I'm getting bashed shins as a result. Sled handles better though!

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
Broken finger from hitting tree, broken ribs from misc crash, 12 stitches in the shin from toe slip on running board. 1 smashed vertebrae (T10) from a BS ride of an 8ft drift. At least it could have been a spectacular accident.... but it wasn't. F'n awful trip out! Bottom line is apparently snowmobiling is a dangerous sport so wear the right equipment!:face-icon-small-hap

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
I've been lucky so far on sleds. Just bruises and bumps.

I was dead for several minutes after an ATV accident. Required CPR, and had five broken ribs, broken ankle, and half my face got scraped off because my helmet smashed and went flying off my head. I still ride quads. YFZ450 all tricked out for the track. (But I do it far less than I used to).

Then... three years ago, I was involved in a freak wakeboarding wipeout, got tangled up in the rope and severed my bicep, tricep, all the nerves in my arm, and the artery. The docs said I'd lose the arm, but they figured out a way to save it. Then they said I'd never use it again. A year and a half later I was back doing sh*t on gym rings, pull-ups, and climbing ropes without using my feet/legs. I'd bet you a million bucks I can do more pullups with half a bicep than 99.9% of the human population.

Never underestimate how much being fit and a stubborn a$$ will help you recover from an injury.

Crashing sure does suck, though.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
Broken finger from hitting tree, broken ribs from misc crash, 12 stitches in the shin from toe slip on running board. 1 smashed vertebrae (T10) from a BS ride of an 8ft drift. At least it could have been a spectacular accident.... but it wasn't. F'n awful trip out! Bottom line is apparently snowmobiling is a dangerous sport so wear the right equipment!:face-icon-small-hap

I hate when that happens. I have the Skinz boards this year. I don't plan on coming off them, but if I do... it's going to suck. Or maybe it won't with the shin guards.

I just went out and stood on my boards like I was sidehilling. Bruise matches up perfectly with the bottom of my WRP seat, which has a pretty gnarly bottom edge on it.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I had the same problem with the bottom of the wrp seat hitting my leg last year . I live by wrp and showed them the problem and now the 2015 seats don't have that plastic there they are velcroed to the tank.

C
Mar 13, 2008
MT
Not that it's classified as an injury, but I tend to have erections lasting more than four hours when I ride my ProClimb. They typically last from the time I unload until the time I get back to the truck.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT

Are you sometimes bending your back-leg knee and letting it rest against the seat when you are standing with both legs on one board? That's the only way I could see it happening. If so, try keeping that leg straight. Not too many situations where pushing on the side of the seat will help you out. Only problem I have from time to time is bashing my knees into the console getting a little crazy on a jump. Good thing I have knee pads on there!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
agree with boondocker97.
if u have ur knee against the sled then ur not using ur body weight to ur advantage. U are actually pushing the sled away from you. Very counter productive.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Proper gear.

I raced for a couple of years and bought my teck vest, shin and knee protection. I have wore it ever since. I can't imagine riding without it.
The proper gear is worth every penny you spend on it. I have to admit that if I would have not raced I might not have bought the gear but glad I did it has saved me many times.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
agree with boondocker97.
if u have ur knee against the sled then ur not using ur body weight to ur advantage. U are actually pushing the sled away from you. Very counter productive.

Are you serious? At some point, during any given ride, portions of my body come into contact unexpectedly with the snowmobile. Especially when I crash, which on some days, is a lot.

I do agree that crashing is counter-productive.

Premium Features