• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help picking skis for my T3.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So I want a little more flotation from my stock skis with the water wings on them(kind of a joke I think). I also get a lot of steering kick back when sidehilling in deep snow. The keels are so deep on these skis. Maybe if Doo had put some decent shocks and springs on the T3 it wouldn't need a 3" keel. The only aftermarket ski I liked was the Sly Dog but that was on my Cat. I tried powder pros(hate them) and Mohawks(hate them a little less) on my Pro Lite Cat. I have the Mohawks to try on the XM now.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The grippers seem have a lighter/easier steering feel vs the Mohawks...at least on the sleds we ran them on.
Another option would be the DS-2, less keel than the 3. Some guys are going back the 2's as the 3's are almost too aggressive.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
if you liked the slydogs on your cat, i'm sure you will also like them on your xm..i know i do

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The grippers seem have a lighter/easier steering feel vs the Mohawks...at least on the sleds we ran them on.
Another option would be the DS-2, less keel than the 3. Some guys are going back the 2's as the 3's are almost too aggressive.

I think that is what my bud said too, the Mohawks steered a little stiff.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
What are you replacing the Grippers with on those Pros?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
1. Hammer
2. Large hammer
3. Roll of duct tape
4. 100 medium tie wraps or 10 very large tie wraps.

Ha good question tho, what saddle fits the Doo spindle and gripper ski?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Some guys cut the ski where the rubber goes, I refuse to do that. I ran a Doo rubber on one sled and a C&A Polaris IQ or IQR rubber on the other sled. Both were damaged pretty quick, 200-300 miles before they get torn/worn, or pop out. Buddy had problems with popping them out last year, but he hits stuff really hard.

Oct 2, 2010
Michigan

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Here is a pic, just did both of mine, I had forgotten what it takes.
Stock rubbers, I greased the tops as was suggested to help the rubbers live.
Stock Poo bolts, nuts, and two washers per ski that go on the outside.
FOUR more of the stock Polaris washers that go on the outside, but for spacers on the inside.
A little work and done. Helps to have a ceiling or some other lift, and some blocks or wood for working the skis around. Use the weight of the sled to force the assembly together. And of course, an alignment punch and Whammer Hammer. (What my kids call a big orange dead blow.)
I chose not to center the skis for now by using the Polaris spacers, I am not sure I liked them centered last year.

001.jpg

Premium Features