• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDTS 355 LB 165", NON-TURBO, AXYS-RMK.... (Video)

I
Nov 26, 2007
Wow.

You really believe a turbo sled at sea level is going to put out 200 at 10psi of boost? In the words of Fogle "read a book".

1) This side of some crazy geographical anomaly, you cannot be at sea level and also be in the mountains. Generally, people are riding 5-6K plus. Burandt rides at 10K. Hence why I said 10K. Eithe way, this side of a at-sea-level dyno, elevation will play into the equation for 90% real world of mountain riding situations.

Come to Alaska if you ever get a chance, most of the state is a crazy geographical anomaly.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Hey! That's my Back Yard!

Come to Alaska if you ever get a chance, most of the state is a crazy geographical anomaly.

I can ride from my house (at sea level) and be here (where the photo is taken) in less than 15-20 minutes. While Alaska does have most of the highest peaks on the North American continent, The majority of the Riding is done at 0 to 8000 feet of altitude. I can ride to where the local Heli-Ski operators setup there Communications repeater (which is about 6500 feet) in less than 30 minutes depending on snow conditions. No turbo required!

While I disagree with a lot of CB's choices, Lightening a sled is beneficial, you just have to choose if it is worth the $ to do. Of the Dozens of Mods I've built, most of them cost more than either of CB's sleds. I started sledding when it was a requirement to mod the sleds to get where you wanted to get to, so it is in my blood. Most of you snot nose kids (40 and younger) are just spoiled with the modern sled and are content with the status quo. Well we (those of us that are 50 plus, old gear heads) are the force that pushed the envelope and caused the manufactures to started building a suitable mountain sled. So just ride IT! Whatever IT may be!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009

I realize there are places where the mountains meet the Ocean. Places in BC and Sweden are like this too...(among other places around the world - though the rest I'm not sure its legal to ride).

My point is, once you are going up the mountain, you aren't "at sea level" any longer. Hence, to truly be at sea level and riding in the mountains is a geographical anomaly. AK being the big exception where I know some of you guys do ride pretty dang close to actual sea level at times.

End of the day, I still stand by my point - most people riding "in the mountains" are not at sea level. And even those that claim to ride at sea level are in actuality going UP. Which means air is getting marginally thinner as they do so. Just read - AK 0-8,000 feet.

With that kind of range, it'd be a bitch to just try and clutch. Turbo sled with ECB FTW. Cosntant MAP. Constant clutching.

Just sayin.

Ps, I really do want to come to AK - maybe this year!

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
It is a bitch to clutch. I was clutched perfect for 250'-800', which I've been riding a lot lately, and today rode 2500'+ and I could have dropped some weight. Annoying haha.

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
I know of an axys with a turbo at 700 feet of elevation dynoed 266 HP and is erode at that elevation all the time mark passo is who owns it

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
BD race gas set ups are well over 200 at elevation vs the 110 a stocker makes.

Also, because of the massive acceleration increase, how hard you can ride the sled changes, Jenny Craig would be wadded up pretty easy slamming a turbo on it imo. Still wicked. Curious about the gas tank!

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
BURANDTS 355 LB 165", NON-TURBO, AXYS-RMK.... (Video)

after years of blowing thousands upon thousands of $$$$$ on modding sleds, I've come to realize that a well clutched and setup stocker (axys anyways) is sufficient for 98% of the time.

all of the lightweight clutch parts are insane $$$ for the results. don't forget your spinning a 50# track on that same drivetrain, your not gonna notice a few grams of savings that TI bolt kit saved you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
I am in that club with u loudhandle over 50 and don't really want to add up all the money I have spent on all my mod sleds let alone just one!!
Still got the sickness, still doing it for goodness sakes!!!!

Makes me feel young....LOL

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I'm impressed by the weight loss. Makes you wonder what these sleds will weight in 10-20 years.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Is there anywhere that shows how much each part saved for weight????? All I can find is the build sheet. No break down of savings.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
yeah... I just searched that. couldn't find anything.

I am curious about a few things.

1.) Biggest bang for the buck items?
2.) Difference between Helium hood and stock with out headlight.
3.) Weight from Skinz front end to Stock? Skinz has to be heavier.
4.) Fuel tank, is there a dry weight loss?
5.) Bumpers... stock vs Burandt Skinz

Most of the rest you can find on the web pages, or past builds. Skinz is the biggest... their website is not up to date. Love their products, just need to ask a lot of questions.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
yeah... I just searched that. couldn't find anything.

I am curious about a few things.

1.) Biggest bang for the buck items?
2.) Difference between Helium hood and stock with out headlight.
3.) Weight from Skinz front end to Stock? Skinz has to be heavier.
4.) Fuel tank, is there a dry weight loss?
5.) Bumpers... stock vs Burandt Skinz

Most of the rest you can find on the web pages, or past builds. Skinz is the biggest... their website is not up to date. Love their products, just need to ask a lot of questions.

I was just telling someone last week Skinz website aggravates me haha. I think one of the pages SW started by sled solutions talked about the weight difference for the hood.

pauly815

Premium Member
Oct 9, 2011
park city ut
If a turbo cost about 4K, how much weight loss do you get for the same dollar amount? And witch parts do you buy for the best results?
If you spent 2k to lose weight how many pounds would you shed, and could you feel the difference when riding?

Looking to do this in stages, first season 2k second season 2k.

Premium Features