• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BURANDTS 2018 "OPTIMUS LIME" VIDEO

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Mountain Horse . . .
For some reason, i am not able to see the link for the video you first posted. Got another one by any chance? Usually a youtube video plays well.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mountain Horse . . .
For some reason, i am not able to see the link for the video you first posted. Got another one by any chance? Usually a youtube video plays well.

I don't see it on YouTube. It might be on Instagram.
I'll see if I can dig it up.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
OkI'm not going to bash carbon fiber,in every aspect, but I've also been in the game long enough to see it has it's place and when it's called for it's awesome...but a arms, rear suspension and some other areas, you end up adding so much MASS to the components to get them to hold up, it's right there with titanium weight wise if not more that you may as well use titanium. Been there "seen" it. Titanium losses it's benefits in components that demand zero flex, although extremely accelerate in areas such as arms that absorb impacts. Both are super labor intensive. Know what your buying before you pull the trigger, alot of carbon fiber/ titanium aftermarket companies using overseas product can end up as a display item in your garage.

I hear ya Dan...

For suspension components... I think that your Ti parts would be hard to beat for Light Weight

I was referring more to Carbon Fiber Body Panels... Like TJ's panels he had on his last ProRide Sled.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Mountain Horse . . .

What browser are you using?

Do you have an ad-blocker.

It is not a youtube video...It is a facebook video that was embeded into the post.

Do you have face book?? If so, try logging in on a separate tab... leave that open and then reload this thread.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I use firefox browser and i have an adblocker installed as well. That makes sense if it was a facebook video embedded in the post. Was hoping for a youtube video link. Oh well, kinda wanted to check it out, but its all good.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I hear ya Dan...

For suspension components... I think that your Ti parts would be hard to beat for Light Weight

I was referring more to Carbon Fiber Body Panels... Like TJ's panels he had on his last ProRide Sled.

Bundling all "carbon fiber" into one bucket is like bundling all alloys into one bucket. There is good and bad of both.

For instance, take mountain bikes. 15 years ago the idea of a carbon fiber downhill bike was reserved to a select few (me being one of them - lol). Nowadays every downhill bike worth anything is CF.

Molds. Layups. Engineering. I have no doubt you could make CF a-arms, skid components, hell - even tunnels. Its just a matter of cost and manufacturing. The big problem is the market is so small, getting one of the good shops overseas to do the work would be unlikely - even at rich guys pricing.

Maybe we'll see one of the big 3 try it soon. Again, I never would have seen it happening in bikes to the extent I have, not too far fetched to think it could happen in sleds (or maybe it is).

The weight thing at the end of the day is dimishing returns. Sorry, but I can't tell the difference between 3-4 gallons of fuel or if my sled has a little snow build up or a medium amount of snow build up.

Everyone can go ride for 45 minutes with 2 gallons in their tank, taking tons of time to knock off all the extra snow and get some idea of the real world feeling of CB's slesd. Its cool. But its subtle, at least to most.

Don't misread, I think its cool stuff to lighten a sled for the 1% that can afford it and tell. But most can't. Its just showy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I never had an issue with my 2016. Is this something new?

I've had them (Gripper and supposed junk bumper) since 2009 on every model and never had a issue

If you don't try to bridge ditches it doesn't happen .. I've heard it happens when you try to turn uphill from a turn but I just don't get it ?? If that was the case your skis should be aimed away from the hill not into it ?? Maybe I'm doing it wrong .. most of the time they DANGLE !!

Premium Features