• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOOST IT TURBO 2015 RUSH-AXYS MOUNTAIN COVERSION PROJECT

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
it rode great sitting in the shop:face-icon-small-hap
they are going to try to get it out this coming week in whistler by helicopter on the glacier.:face-icon-small-coo

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
So interested to see how this motor responds to boost... Crossing my finger this motor will do what the cat and Doo motor will do boost for boost... Except of course hopefully not throw rods through the block like the Doo?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
mechanical power valve motor should be rather favorable to boost.

Thats one mean looking sled, super stoked for what the OEM has in store, but these full customs will do for now!

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Awesome looking build, should have went all black though.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Some more pix.

A couple more from Neil.

From the top photo; Looks like the "Cab" of the sled is more narrow than the PRO-RMK ... with the lower CG of the AXYS-Only (for now) 800 HO engine, this should be a great mountain sled. Oh... and the boost wont hurt either!!:face-icon-small-win

The Flatlander RUSH-AXYS seat looks great... but, IMO, would want a shorter/narrower version for a mountain sled.

Asking for more details now.

SWEET Build Neil!

Thanks for the pix. :face-icon-small-ton

attachment.php

attachment.php

2 for post .jpg 1 for post.jpg

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
A couple more from Neil.

From the top photo; Looks like the "Cab" of the sled is more narrow than the PRO-RMK ... with the lower CG of the AXYS-Only (for now) 800 HO engine, this should be a great mountain sled. Oh... and the boost wont hurt either!!:face-icon-small-win

The Flatlander RUSH-AXYS seat looks great... but, IMO, would want a shorter/narrower version for a mountain sled.

SWEET Build Neil!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like the new switches on the bars.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I hate all that cluster on the bars leave all that where it belongs on the dash out of the way

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
A couple more from Neil.

SWEET Build Neil!

attachment.php

attachment.php

the seat is acually same width as tank wer you stand most of the time,but it does flare as it goes back.i moved around on sled in shop & really liked the seat, very comfy when seated & did not get in way when moving.it could be shorter, but my guess is they left it a little longer for a bag storage area,as there is a v in the fuel tank under the end of the seat.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I hate all that cluster on the bars leave all that where it belongs on the dash out of the way

I'm with you, I set everything before the ride and forget it. I'm riding, not playing some video game. I don't need all the clutter on the bars. I'm pretty minimalistic on my builds, I've even gone as far as to locate switches that are built into the bar clamps to clean up the cockpit. I would never intentionally add to the clutter.

But that is just my opinion / views.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
What is the advantage of having clean bars. You have to have a brake master and lever there anyway just maximizimg the space. I have had my switches in both locations and it is sure nice to be able to change my heater settings and bright settings when retuning back to the truck or camp at night with out taking hands off bars and eyes off trail. With my pro I almost have to come to a stop to do this. Barley can find them at night.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
What is the advantage of having clean bars. You have to have a brake master and lever there anyway just maximizimg the space. I have had my switches in both locations and it is sure nice to be able to change my heater settings and bright settings when retuning back to the truck or camp at night with out taking hands off bars and eyes off trail. With my pro I almost have to come to a stop to do this. Barley can find them at night.

My previous post was in no way a personal attack, sorry if you took it that way.
For me there are countless reasons to not have the all that crap on the bars;

First, less entanglement issues as you move around on the sled and less chance of changing settings inadvertently
Second, Far less electrical gremlins from the cheaply made chinese wiring harness not being in constant motion
Third, aesthetics; it just looks better being clean and uncluttered
Four, regardless of where the switches are mounted I can find them without looking and adjust settings without slowing down or losing focus

I'm from Alaska so I can ride and never see another rider / headlight. So I don't need to access my dimmer switch every other second. If I needed that feature I would use the previously mentioned switch as the clamp half on the brake master cylinder for convenience.

Hopefully they are still mid-build and still have all the little details to address still.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
It's a lot of speculation for Oct/Nov on a sled that may or may not be coming in March.

One thing to consider and forgive my lack of research. Maybe the bar mount controls are for the trail sleds? Easy to forget that started as a shorty. I don't know what the current offerings are in trail sleds compared to mnt segment.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Didn't take it as an attack. Yes these started out as a convenience item for trail sleds. I have a standard RMK with a old style switch mounted on Handlebars andbI have a ProRmk with them mounted down by the tank. I like tue looks of them down off the bars but like the function if them on the bars. The new ones look much better.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I agree it can be a pain when trying to find the grip heater switch when you come out of the trees and hit the trail at dark. We usually stop there and make sure everyone is good to go. No switch adj needed again.

These look way better than the switch housing Polaris has used for 12 years though.

However, I will trade those switches on the bars for the current location of the Pro-RMK. Rolling the sled over all day in the deep will pack those switches full of snow and can cause issues. And those switch housing's are not cheap.

In this situation, to me, it would hardly be worth it to relocate the switches guessing that they will sell the sled next year unless this housing turns out to not like snow intrusion. But with the turbo and 174, it probably won't need to rolled over very much.

I drool over this build each time I see the pics.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would say the controls on the bars greatly increases your chance of smashing them, thats why I dont want them there. Its convenient to have them on the bars... but super inconvenient if they are destroyed.

Oh and we want pics and videos of the first ride!!

Last edited:

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
The plenum intake sure says "mountain" , facing backwards & vertical so less chance of snow build up.

Premium Features