• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Would one of these sleds fit me?

J

jigmup

Dec 4, 2007
Garrison, ND
www.myspace.com
I've been interested in the turbo yamahas for awhile now and am currently looking for a new sled. What I'm wondering is would a turbo apex or nitro fit the kind of riding style that I like? I do most of my riding around 8000ft or so and spending about 70% of it in the trees and creeks where the snow is soft and deep and the other 30% climbing/jumping. I've never riden one or even been around one, but I know the 4stroke age is coming and I love the fact that you can get big hp. I don't know if weight would be a huge issue, I'm 6'2", 250lbs(hence the reason for big hp), but maybe I'm wrong. Do these turbo sleds have power right away or do they have to spool up first? Like I said, never been around one. Thanks for any opinions or info you guys can send my way.

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
I chose the nytro and have the same riding style ratio, probably more 80% pow/tree/creek riding, 10% climbing, and currently 10% digging my stock nytro out due to lack of power. this hopefully will change once the Turbo build is complete.

I have herd 6367 things. but the top 3 I would say is :

Clutching

low boost kit without head shim maintains low end snap

and front mount turbos allow for quicker spool. so combine that with clutching and I dont think you have anything to worry about.

I will know first hand in a week or so when my Impulse turbo is done.

J

jigmup

Dec 4, 2007
Garrison, ND
www.myspace.com
i guess i'm not really set on any certain model. its just that i see more nytros and apex's on this site so i was assuming they were the ones that work. i would guess the front mount turbo would be the way to go for me, i have a tendacy to get into places i shouldn't be and rely alot on having power to help me get out.

Premium Features