• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EZ-Ryde owners, CHECK YOUR FRONT SHOCK!

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Was out for a ride yesterday and having a great day until I noticed this. The upper eyelet on the front shock was not installed on the shaft with loc-tite and the shaft had worked its way loose. The shock is likely shot. At least the cap and shaft are. Spring is salvageable. Fortunately, the shock and spring were resting on the axle for the front idlers. If that weren't true, the shaft would've stabbed the track and really effed things up.

So, periodically inspect your shock shaft at the top. If you see threads, pull it and add some loc-tite.

BTW, that's my boot lace holding the shock and spring up out of the track. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Photo0049.jpg Photo0050.jpg

K
Dec 4, 2007
CNY
I'v seen that before on the same fox shock, used by arctic cat. Since you found it before it got wound up in the track you will only need a new shaft and eye.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
It looks like the shaft broke off from the second pic.
Deceptive. The eyelet is jammed with snow and ice so it looks like there's shaft left in there. The threads are all on the top of the shaft yet. Just defective assembly. Hopefully they'll cover it under warranty. The guy I bought the sled from works for EZ-Ryde.

D

DeepInTheTrees

Nov 26, 2007
Battle Ground, WA
Did you have the cloth covers over the shocks.* May not have caused the problem, but I've heard they will not warranty if you don't have those on, because of the ice buildup in the spring.Thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye on mine.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Did you have the cloth covers over the shocks.* May not have caused the problem, but I've heard they will not warranty if you don't have those on, because of the ice buildup in the spring.Thanks for the heads up, will keep an eye on mine.

Yep. It got torn up by the track rubbing on it after the failure. I managed to keep everything except the spring retainer. That's gone.

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
Spoke with Steve at EZ Ryde today. They're going to take care of it. Outstanding customer service! Between the excellent performance of their skid and their quality customer service, they've got a very happy customer. :)

Last edited:
D
Feb 14, 2010
yeah mine did the same thing but the coil fell off and the shock can done and stabbed my track and ripped one window out and bent the shaft on the shock.

Premium Features