• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 summit adrenaline 800r clutching advice

D

dooman93

Oct 8, 2009
I have a pretty much stock 800r and I was going to see what people are running for springs, ramps and helixs to get the most out of their sled. As of now it has stock clutching and at 9000 ft with the clickers on 6 I can only pull about 7500rpms out of it on a good climb. If anybody has parts forsale or advice that would be great!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
The first thing is make sure both clutches are in perfect condition. If they are the original '07 clutches, there were several tolerance and wear issues that needed attention. A new primary Maintenance kit will address most of the primary issues that existed on the '07.
On the secondary the movable sheave bushing was prone to wear. It can be replaced. Or a Team TSS04 is a good, inexpensive replacement. I can recommend a good helix/spring combo if you do go to a Team secondary.
Stock primary clutching is decent. Secondary setup for 151-156 track I would run a 44/36 helix. Gear down a tooth at that altitude. Run the Doo -288 belt. Adjust pin weight as needed to see 8400rpm.
If its the original '07 engine, check it out closely for crank runout tolerance, compression etc....they were not known for their durability. No sense in throwing $$ at clutching if there is a power output issue.
When everything is correct, the '07 is a screamer! Probably the quickest Doo make to this day IMO.

D

dooman93

Oct 8, 2009
I just rebuilt the motor with new pistons, trued and welded crank, and new rave valves. The primary was completely gone through as well and it had hollow pins, as for the secondary it is just the stock roller. I also forgot to mention that it has been geared down one tooth already and has a 151" track. It runs great and I look forward to riding it more, just want to get that clutching spot on!! I did notice when I had the secondary apart that the bushings had a little bit of play in them so I should get that addressed, is there a kit with the bushings to rebuild the secondary?

Premium Features