• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blowoff valve vacuum line questions

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I am running a push turbo setup on my sled. I am having issues with the blowoff valve fluttering on it instead of getting a nice solid release. I talked with a guy that builds two stroke kits and uses the same blowoff valve. He doesn't have that trouble on his sleds he builds. He did say he has seen that if there is not a strong enough vacuum signal to the valve that it can do that. He recommended teeing together two different vacuum sources and then running it to the valve to give a stronger signal. What are your thoughts? The port that the instructions recommended putting the vacuum hose to is pretty small.

My question if I do run a second line into there, what is the best location on the throttle bodies to pull a second vacuum source from. There are a lot of lines there already and still a few ports plugged off. Are all of the ports on the throttle body manifold vacuum or are some of them ported vacuum. This seems like a pretty easy fix to try but I would think it might make things worse if I went to a ported vacuum source instead of manifold vacuum.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I used all three throttle body's. like this

b555585a25a9443811a3800e3d7207f8.jpg

Premium Features