• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bars meet helmet meet nose = broken

V

Vailguy

Apr 24, 2008
Foothills
Quick question,

Yesterday I was hoping off some winddrifts, nothing big, 30 feet or so. On my last one, I let of the throttle to early and came down nose first. My helmet hit the bars and my nose smashed up against my helmet busting up my nose. Helmet is a Fox Tracer, it is sized right for my head, and the buckle was attached. My question is...Should I expect more from a full face helmet, or should I just learn to ride.

TIA

Mtn-Track

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
N/E, CO & GL, CO
Sounds like your chin strap was too loose. That would allow your helmet to push back and up = busted nose.

OR.......you could just learn to ride without your face in the bars....:face-icon-small-hap

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
It could also be that while the helmet size is right for your head, that you don't have the right cheek pads in there. The cheek pads should be touching your cheeks, and the helmet should actually feel a bit snug when you have it on. If you don't have tight enough cheek pads then your face could move far enough forward in the helmet to smack your nose.

B

BadAftertaste

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado
www.jcbritish.com
Waaaay better than the alternative...

I'd say your helmet did it's job. My Answer M8 pretty much removed my nose at VP a couple seasons ago. Nothin a few hours and 30 stiches couldn't fix. Cracked the helmet's chin bar in two places. Cracked sternum, 3 ribs. That lid now sits on my desk as a reminder.

Premium Features