• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Must have for the helmets.....

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
This is the best thing since sliced bread, cheap and works great. I was getting sick of fumbeling with buckeling my helmet strap in the cold so ordered up a bunch of these....fantastic product, you can also score them on ebay for mega-low price......just click and go. Did my homework, the strap will break before the echo lets go....

http://www.pitposse.com/ecqurehest.html

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Sorry but sliced bread has been around for a long time so have the quick straps. Glad you finally found one.

P
Dec 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
guys always trying to tout the local dealer.

Maybe IF:
-they ever did anything right
-EVER in a timely manner
-didnt have items costing TWICE as much as anywhere online
-threw in a free cover and belt on a 12000 dollar sled, like selling it to you was a big enough favour.

Yeah...I think ill keep skipping the stealership.
-

B
Dec 21, 2006
With an attitude like that, no wonder you shop online. How much do you think a dealer makes on that $12,000 sled that you won't pay retail for? Most of the time there is not enough profit left for them give you that belt and cover. And by the way, no I don't work for a dealer. I do have a friend that does though.

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
Powder, you play in an expensive sport. Dealers are there to make money too. They have a far higher overhead expense that online doesn't. Perhaps your attitude about the dealers might be a karma thing and they give what you give. We love our dealer. We buy everything we can from them. Because at the end of the day, I want them there, in business, when we need them!

C
Oct 31, 2008
This isn't an expensive sport by any means. Go buy a 32' powerboat with twin engines, and hang with those buddies for a weekend, or get a 1/4 share in an airplane and tally up your yearly expenses. Snowmobiling is a cheap sport.
As far as the dealer, support the local guy, yes he might be a little more money, but he's there. If he can't make money why work, he'll shut the doors and then everybody can buy parts online. We can buy our sleds in other states, and when we need to try on a jacket or helmet, we'll just mailorder 2 sizes and then pay shipping and a 20% restock fee to return 1 of them.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Sorry but sliced bread has been around for a long time so have the quick straps. Glad you finally found one.

amazing how you miss stuff, I have raced since 1981, sprint cars, drag boats(BAF,BFJ) and Promod drag cars and have never even seen one till last month, I wish I had one years ago. A really good product

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hate to burst your bubble...but those things aren't that great. We put them on our kids helmets and my wifes.

I'm always doing someone's straps for them when we are out.

You can't put them on with your gloves either so why bother?

I'm definately NOT putting one on my helemt.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Powder, you play in an expensive sport. Dealers are there to make money too. They have a far higher overhead expense that online doesn't. Perhaps your attitude about the dealers might be a karma thing and they give what you give. We love our dealer. We buy everything we can from them. Because at the end of the day, I want them there, in business, when we need them!

Yep, (damn, that the 2nd time I agreed with you today!)...as I've gotten older I have realized that sometimes saving money is not the cheapest route. If you can find a good dealer like I have, it is worth paying a little more. I even asked my dealer for a cut on parts because I ordered so many for my last repair and he took another 10% off. Loyalty on both sides. Now the trick is to find a good dealer who is not simply trying to make money on everything he sells, but make money in the long run.

This isn't an expensive sport by any means. Go buy a 32' powerboat with twin engines, and hang with those buddies for a weekend, or get a 1/4 share in an airplane and tally up your yearly expenses. Snowmobiling is a cheap sport.

Ok, I really feel underpaid now.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Hate to burst your bubble...but those things aren't that great. We put them on our kids helmets and my wifes.

Scott - will have to disagree. All my helmets and my families helmets have them and we can all do/undo them with our gloves on. The only time that I have had any difficulty is when it is really, really cold and I am wearing the heavy duty gloves. I can still do/undo with them on, just takes a little bit longer to get the "feel".

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
The sales guy at the dealer near me said they only make $80 on a sled. :confused:
Had one of those on my last helmet. They work pretty good.

With an attitude like that, no wonder you shop online. How much do you think a dealer makes on that $12,000 sled that you won't pay retail for? Most of the time there is not enough profit left for them give you that belt and cover. And by the way, no I don't work for a dealer. I do have a friend that does though.

M

mcgyver

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 5, 2008
Idaho
I have never found it that hard to just use the buckle that came on my helmet.......Honestly.
it's actually really easy to do!

F

fuzz

Jul 4, 2001
Great Falls,Montana
I agree with Scott. Sounded like a good idea but.. Have tried them twice and tossed them both times. At least on my helmet I can hardly get to them and with gloves, forget it. And try them when they are full of snow and frozen. Got some I'll sell cheap.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Been using them for over 10 years. i don't like the plastic ones so I got the all metal. Can be latched and unlatched with gloves on.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I have been using that for a long time... i like it! BUT wish they had a better one like some of the manufactured helmets come with. ONLY troubles I have had is if ice builds up and you have not taken your helmet off for a while the ice will prevent you from pushing the tabs into release. I have had it where at end of day I had to put my hand on it till it melted a bit to get it to release. rare but happens.

G
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
The sales guy at the dealer near me said they only make $80 on a sled. :confused:
Had one of those on my last helmet. They work pretty good.

Not to start an argument and not to hi-jack this thread but...say the average sled costs $9K, dealer 'says' they only make $80 a sled making the profit margin per sled < 1%. I know that they make more margin on parts and accessories as I've had this discussion many times before BUT, do you really think that they would consistently sell these for <1% margin? I have a hard time believing that one.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana

What he said. I can't stand them

Not to start an argument and not to hi-jack this thread but...say the average sled costs $9K, dealer 'says' they only make $80 a sled making the profit margin per sled < 1%. I know that they make more margin on parts and accessories as I've had this discussion many times before BUT, do you really think that they would consistently sell these for <1% margin? I have a hard time believing that one.

A new $10,900 dragon only costs dealers about $7500. 1% margin? HAHAHA

Last edited:
Premium Features