• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro x 440 with a bad motor

T
Oct 14, 2012
I just got a pro x 440 liquid with trail heads (race heads in a box also) from a buddy with a locked up motor, and I havent gotten much further than pulling the head off of it to see what might be wrong with it. what Im really looking at is it worth it to rebuild the 440 thats in there, or look at throwing in a different motor all together. I also had a buddy tell me that you can throw 600 jugs on the 440 crank and it should work assuming that the crank is in good shape, is there any truth to this?

thanks for the help yall.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
ProX

I bought one like that a while back. It had lost a rod bearing and locked it up. Depends on the year I think. The 440 stroke on some 440s is different than the 600. I had a almost new 440 crank and when I put the 600 cylinder on the pistons hit the head. You could probably put a spacer under the cylinder and make it run. I actually did a Carl's 660 on mine. He used to offer the kit for the 440 to but I am not sure he still is. The 600 based was a cylinder exhange where the 440 he modified the case and your cylinders.

The 440 has bearing issues because of the greased crank bearing. Use a 600 oil pump and add the needed oil fittings.

Premium Features