• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E-5 Updates??

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
I've seen it:)............it's GOOD....and funny!!!!!!!!! I think it will be done, in full, within the next couple weeks.

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Not sure about the Pre-Order contest....I'll look into that for you.

MountainHorse....NorCal represents HUGE in this years video!!!! You will be proud;)

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
sorry guys...i've been super-swamped with work and play. had a great time with oberti and his family in alaska...caught lots of salmon and pretty good buzz. the show i'm doing for livewell hd is back in production now so i'm running like a crazy person. we recently shot a cool show in the owens valley which debuts tomorrow on the livewell hd network. we got back friday night from shooting on the channel islands for 3 days and then we head to the east coast on the 25th for ten days to shoot shows in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and upstate New York.

Elevation 5 is done except for a few final touches and the bonus-feature spoof video that will crack you up. due to the economy (at least that's what they tell me), most of our distributors have dropped our film from their libraries. this has happened to all but a few snowmobile videos this year. Parts Unlimited completely dropped ALL sled videos from their new catalouge i've been told as well. so....the only place (for now) to get the movie will be at good ol' www.teamsummit.net. we are not doing a pre-order contest this year but are giving those who pre-order a discount on the movie ($20.00) and free shipping. pre-orders are now active on the website and i plan on sending the finished movie off to duplication before i leave next week. right now, a premier for E5 is totally up in the air due to my schedule which changes regularly. i am open to suggestions...either up in nor-cal, reno or down here...whoever wants to run with this...can. i wouldn't mind the help in planning something either way since i am totally slammed with this new project i'm working on. let me know what you guys think...

jeff

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
sorry guys...i've been super-swamped with work and play. had a great time with oberti and his family in alaska...caught lots of salmon and pretty good buzz. the show i'm doing for livewell hd is back in production now so i'm running like a crazy person. we recently shot a cool show in the owens valley which debuts tomorrow on the livewell hd network. we got back friday night from shooting on the channel islands for 3 days and then we head to the east coast on the 25th for ten days to shoot shows in North Carolina, Pennsylvania and upstate New York.

Elevation 5 is done except for a few final touches and the bonus-feature spoof video that will crack you up. due to the economy (at least that's what they tell me), most of our distributors have dropped our film from their libraries. this has happened to all but a few snowmobile videos this year. Parts Unlimited completely dropped ALL sled videos from their new catalouge i've been told as well. so....the only place (for now) to get the movie will be at good ol' www.teamsummit.net. we are not doing a pre-order contest this year but are giving those who pre-order a discount on the movie ($20.00) and free shipping. pre-orders are now active on the website and i plan on sending the finished movie off to duplication before i leave next week. right now, a premier for E5 is totally up in the air due to my schedule which changes regularly. i am open to suggestions...either up in nor-cal, reno or down here...whoever wants to run with this...can. i wouldn't mind the help in planning something either way since i am totally slammed with this new project i'm working on. let me know what you guys think...

jeff

Channel Islands ... I live on Anacapa Circle.

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Jlowe - Is E5 going to be put out on Blu Ray?

nope. it's all shot on HD and down-converted in a compression that few know how to do so even on an SD DVD it looks really good. we just don't sell enough of these babies for me to deal with the extra cost and headache of blu-ray (for this year). i might do a 'home brew' blu-ray run for a few if they want it...we'll see.

sept. 5 sucks for me...i'm flyin' home from NY after being gone for 10 days on the 4th...

jeff

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Hey I've got a GREAT idea!! Y'all can come down here and crash my place in MAUI, AND have a kickin BBQ, PLUS the FIRST EVER SLED VIDEO PREMEIR ON MAUI!!!!

I know, I know.....its been a long summer, even in the tropics. lol.

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
i dig the reno idea,last years turnout was awesome! I remember lastyear,word was that a ton of other videos would be at the reno film festival,has that all fell through?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Hey motoJunkie....

Kihei... some Azeka's ribs... brews and a couple of dives at 5 graves???

I'd be all over that like stink on a hippie!!

Do you take sledneck visitors??

Daddy's smokehouse &BBQ....now thats some 'ono grinds brah!! I haven't got my scuba cert yet, I keep spending money on sled parts.

Anyone that wants to come down I've got a place to crash, you just have to be able to handle a 1 year old that gets into everything and does his best to destroy the house.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
nope. it's all shot on HD and down-converted in a compression that few know how to do so even on an SD DVD it looks really good. we just don't sell enough of these babies for me to deal with the extra cost and headache of blu-ray (for this year). i might do a 'home brew' blu-ray run for a few if they want it...we'll see.

sept. 5 sucks for me...i'm flyin' home from NY after being gone for 10 days on the 4th...

jeff

What is the resolution of HD verses Blu-Ray?

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
don...HD and blu-ray are the same thing. blu-ray is an HD DVD format. our film is shot entirely in HD and edited in HD but for mass duplication and cost effectiveness (also factoring in that most people still have/use SD DVDs and not blu-ray) we duplicate in an excellent SD DVD down-convert.

since our movie is in HD natively, we can do a blu-ray burn in small numbers if we want/need to. the difference really is amazing...however, the SD down-convert i am doing is REALLY clean and i'm pretty sure most of the snowmobile video producers don't know the magic formula (except for the two or three i've given it to.) it took a lot of crunching and a few people WAY smarter than me to figure it out. ;)

Jeff

Premium Features