• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

As the season winds down,wheres the rubber still spinnin'?

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
As I play on these forums, I see there still some riding out there! Though the sleds are few, our local Ruby Mountains are still rideable. Got me wondering:confused:... where are they still riding?... and where are they put up til next year? (poor souls!:D) Let us know where your from, and let us know if and when your "garaged"...

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Riding in McCall, ID was epic last weekend and will be for a while. Shorts, T-Shirt, and lots of sunscreen. Did I say lots of sunscreen. LOL. Still peeling. EW

Sleddin033.jpg

Sleddin016.jpg

Sleddin051.jpg

Sleddin061.jpg

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Still 7 feet here in Troy Mt, and were heading to revy for a few days. I'm planning on putting it up after that, but sometimes plans don't work out though.

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
We're going for a ride after work today!! Gotta love it when daylight lasts until 8:00pm!!

We rode in the Big White Ski Resort/Graystokes area until June 1st last year. Here is a pic from "The Cliff" at BW from last year.

Nothing like sledding when it's +27C :beer;:beer;

004-3.jpg

800Cat

Nov 27, 2007
Montana
Heading to Cooke City this weekend. I've never rode on Memorial Day weekend before so i'm jacked!

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Still riding at Tony Grove utah... My guess is 7 feet or more at high elevation.
Actually found some smooth soft snow last weekend... Been 80degrees+ all week, so tommorows ride may not be as good... Still fun IMO.

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
you people that are able to still be riding, you just be thankful, it was damn near 100 degrees here in Southern MN the other day with 60+ mph wind gusts. I call that an awesome day to be an agronomist and be doing work outiside all day in the middle of a field. Congrats to all that are still riding, you have no clue how jealous I am!

Chad

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Did some beginning of may.... decided not to push it and risk twisting a crank.

Rubber's spinning, but it's dirt bike rubber. Got a new tire on my 525 this morning, played in the mud this afternoon and heading back out there tomorrow :)

S

sykosledhead

Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WY
I know there was riding going on in June last year in the Snowies and I don't think they even have the road open over the top yet this year yet. Should be some riding thru June again.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
rode owlshead in sicamous yesterday............26 degrees, 7ft of snow and sun, sun and more sun. will be riding into june for sure!:):beer;

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Still riding on the front range, co...

we'll be hitting it for about 2 more weeks I'm thinking.

loveland-porcupinegulch271.jpg

Abby
loveland-porcupinegulch168.jpg

ride4life
loveland-porcupinegulch408.jpg

next weekend should be a sunburn fest I hope, we'll see. It's been snowing a few times a week the last few weeks, just snowed about an inch or two last night again.

N
Feb 16, 2009
tremonton, UTAH
Rode the uintas this weekend. We unloaded about a mile and a half past gold hill. Whitney road is still closed. Snow wasnt to bad, we rode up to the scout camp and did alot of water skippin at the lakes up there. I would say there is about 4 feet at the top lake of the scout camp. We only ran into 4 people all day and that was from the evanston and kamas side. Might have another two weeks left of ridin up there but im callin it a season, i already totalled one sled this year dont need to make it two. Besides i need to start on the asphalt sled

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Lots of snow still here but I shut er down for the year....time for boating and biking and I got too much work happenin to fit it all in

Premium Features