• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

losing power

R
Feb 4, 2008
I have a polaris 2000 700 rmk. I have 2 problems, the first is when idling there seems to be an electrical short for a split second. this has been going on for a couple seasons, nothing huge or often but i thought i would put it out there. The other i need fixed, when at full throttle, powder or climbing, for a good length of time the sled boggs,as if it needs air, or oil mixture is building up. I don't now for sure. the plugs are pretty oilly but still not sure what to think. Any ideas or cures. thanks in advance for your help. Let it Snow.

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
Maybe jetting is fat and/or clutching is off creating a backshift issue. Feel your clutches and see if they are blistering hot next time.

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Had the same problem

I had the same problem on my 03 edge turned out to be the temp senser.The sled would retard itself thinking it was hot.mostly happend when i jumped off into the powder, or loaded it up on a climb. I also replaced the thermostat hope this helps.chances are good if the sled ran good with the jetting you have and you are at the same elavation this maybe your problem:D:D

Premium Features