• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 turbo xp

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
Ok iv heard of people putting xp plastics on an xr. What im wondering, is has anybody put the 1200 with a MCX240hp kit into a xp chassis? The reason I want to do this is for the 154" cooler under my Summit.

That turbo sled is a 137" stretched to a 163". So lots of tunnel with no cooler. Or would it be cheeper to replace the tunnel and cooler under the turbo? Thanks for any help/suggestions. Maybe names of shops in BC that do this sort of work.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
You wouldn't accomplish much by swapping the 1200 motor into a XP. It won't fit without some mods.

Cheaper and easier to swap tunnels on a XR chassis. Everyone has their preference, but I find the XR with it's wider panels and body seem to block snow better and make the machine float a bit nicer.

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
ya the only thing i was thinking of accomplishing was the extra cooling capacity, and the narrow front end (I know it aint hard to swap the frontend over). Also would be sweet to make it look like the 800R. Even if people will know somthin is up as soon as she is fired up.

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
Ya the longer cooler is another option, if i can find a used one. $650ish for a new 163" cooler from Doo. That with an extension cut to fit the longer cooler would work. Thanks. Goin out in a bit to swap frontends over (summit a-arms,shocks,tie rods). Good project while I wait for oilcooler dealer said was in yesterday:nono:

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I think c3 powersports had a 1200 in an xp chassis. unless it was just a plastic swap, but it was a carbon chassis so i am sure they did some mods while building the chassis

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
Ya the c/f chassis was on the list!! HAHA I wish. After I win the lotto. I may have a line on a 163" tunnel/cooler but its in the u.s. Might have to see if I can just get the cooler!!

S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
Well enough for today. Pulled front suspension out of my summit and bolted it into my new to me xr turbo. The summit is gonna look funny with the wide front end on it!!!!

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
your stock cooling is enough on the xr

don't worry about it

put on a tunnel extension and long track it

ran 20 psi all season and temp never went over 3 bars in powder out of the 8 bars total on temp sensor

you have enough coolant running through there to do the job

the oil cooler fix is a must and has worked flawlessly on my sled

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC

don't worry about it

ran 20 psi all season and temp never went over 3 bars in powder out of the 8 bars total on temp sensor

Hello summitclay congrats on your new sled,hope to be able to hook up with you next winter and see how that kit works.Brian:high5:

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK

don't worry about it

Depends which machine he started with. My 09 started as a TNT. The 120" machines in 09 had smaller coolers than the Gades did. I still keep the stock cooler, but you have to be a bit miore cautious about running real solid hardpack without scratchers for too long. 1600 miles without issues though. If he had the Gade cooler in there guy really doesn't seem to need anymore as there are a pile of people using that cooler without any problems.

Water Wetter helps bring temps down a bit I find. Thought it was snake oil, but machine seems to run cooler consistently.

Oil Cooler replacement is a PITA. Takes a fair amount of patience to get the whole assembly back in and the bolts in place. Took me close to 7 hours the first one I did.

Last edited:
S
Dec 27, 2007
telkwa bc
Thanks for the help guys. The sled started out as a 137" gade so as you guys stated cooling shouldnt be an issue. Just being over cautious I guess.

Tukernater (Brian) Hows It goin? Sure miss your shop Dealing with the clowns here is painfull!!!! Did you make it to Sibola with Jason? Come out with J anytime !! Havent had sled it the hills yet. Just swaped front end from my summit over. Maybe tackle the track soon (stock trecher lite=challenger extreme).

Rotax_Kid I will try the water wetter thanks. Wasnt hard to get to the cooler but I can see what you meen. Its gonna be a bit_h to get hands/parts in there. Monday parts should be in.

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
Tukernater (Brian) Hows It goin? Sure miss your shop Dealing with the clowns here is painfull!!!!

That makes two of us, well allot more then two............

What the hell is the water wetter ?

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Tukernater (Brian) Hows It goin? Sure miss your shop Dealing with the clowns here is painfull!!!!

That makes two of us, well allot more then two............

What the hell is the water wetter ?
Hey ya miss the shop foresure,but health issuse kicked the shat out of me,but thanks miss dealing with you guys.Water wetter works great you can get it at napa,if you can't find it PM me my wife sell it.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Thanks for the help guys. The sled started out as a 137" gade so as you guys stated cooling shouldnt be an issue. Just being over cautious I guess.

Tukernater (Brian) Hows It goin? Sure miss your shop Dealing with the clowns here is painfull!!!! Did you make it to Sibola with Jason? Come out with J anytime !! Havent had sled it the hills yet. Just swaped front end from my summit over. Maybe tackle the track soon (stock trecher lite=challenger extreme).

Rotax_Kid I will try the water wetter thanks. Wasnt hard to get to the cooler but I can see what you meen. Its gonna be a bit_h to get hands/parts in there. Monday parts should be in.

You'll likely have to manipulate a tab for a bolt underneath of the coolant return line on the top MAG side bolt of the cooler if you install the 2011 parts with teh new intermediate plate and o-rings

Premium Features