• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electrical problem???? Help

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
I have a new 08 summit 154, non x, no electric

sled runs awesome 95% of the time.

Then in the deep snow (ride in Revy) the engine light comes on , the engine double beeps and it runs (not in limp mode) like its got water in the gas (I use isoproponal) rough, under power. But then it will run just fine after a few minutes.

I have had the DESS key checked, no error code is being recorded when the dealer connected it to the computer. (MPEM)
I think its electrical because when its dry the sled runs fine, no engine light and beep... but maybe its something else?

Maybe a throtle position sensor? rave valve issue?
Any suggestions for me to tell the dealer to check would be appreciated.

Thanks

T

Last edited:
C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
thanks for the input..

the challenge for my dealer is to recreate the scenario to get the engine light to come on... they have it running while spraying it with water ( to recreate wet snow melting in the engine bay) and still no engine light comes on, they soak the DESS, no light...

so far they have re flashed the DPM and did all updates...

any more suggestions would be appreciated.

T

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Sounds like you are getting plugged up with snow, than the no/bad air is messing with the enginge management. The air intake is something that needs to be addressed anyway, I would start there.

Premium Features