• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best skis for turbo apex?

M
Oct 28, 2008
Ski's for an apex turbo, waste of money, they spend 90% of the time off the ground, lol:beer; simmons gen 2 seem to work the best simply due to the extra width, to help balance the weight.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
yes...got the idea from my slp power pros from carls polaris, cut the same way and carve great as well as sidehill better, started cutting apex skis a bit at a time until i noticed no futher improvment.Cut on bandsaw to the outside rib,sand, then flame with torch to get shiney sealed edge back worked really good or if u go the carls website u can look at the cut powder pros. I would stop a bit sooner than in my pic,maybe 2 inches or so. real easy to do ..do a little and see if u like it

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
yes...got the idea from my slp power pros from carls polaris, cut the same way and carve great as well as sidehill better, started cutting apex skis a bit at a time until i noticed no futher improvment.Cut on bandsaw to the outside rib,sand, then flame with torch to get shiney sealed edge back worked really good or if u go the carls website u can look at the cut powder pros. I would stop a bit sooner than in my pic,maybe 2 inches or so. real easy to do ..do a little and see if u like it

I did my cut out 1 " back from the spindle

With the Ski done like that it carves like :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap and still floats LIKE A DREAM

Best little mod out there. -------cheers---------

Premium Features