• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best deep snow suspension

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I posted this in the mountain section, but thought it might get more responses here. (moderator, if you can just move the other thread that works with me.)

Ok, I have a m10 now and while it does a great job keeping the skis down (really too good at times) I do not have the biggest nads in the world, so climbing the super steep does not seem to be in the cards for me. That being said, would I be better off with a different suspension? Seems this m10 likes to put a pretty deep trench everywhere I go, and when stuck and the suspension unloaded seems like China isn't too far away.

I like the ride obviously, and don't want to sacrifice too much of that if possible.

Lets hear some opinions.

This is on a turbo nytro by the way 159"

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
How much boost are you running. I say adjust it or extend it. You already have the best

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
There are a few really good suspension systems out there for the Nytro, but as stated above......if you are not happy with this suspension, I don't think anything else is going to be better. I really like the Kmod because of the adjustability and the weight savings, not to mention super ride. Having said that, the guys I know with the M10 have been really happy.

I would run what ya brung!

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Ok, more info, running 10# at elevation and 14# out west. Only made it out west one time last year and when we got home only got a few days riding in before snow at home wasn't worth riding on.

I had Curt at Fastrax help me with my initial set up, so I feel pretty good that the mount points are correct. Maybe i just need to keep playing with it. I cut the coupler blocks some and Curt said I could go a little more. Never did bottom it out after Curt revalved the rear shock, so maybe I need to move the FRA some more to soften it up. I really hated it when it would cam over the year before tho. I am running Fast's air shock on the front shock and I think I had the air at 60 to 80 their with the limiter all the way out. (still heavier on the steering than I wanted, but not bad).

Thanks for the comments, and if anyone has any other adjustments or some great magical setting feel free to chime in LOL.

Guess I will keep it for this year and start tweaking.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I posted this in the mountain section, but thought it might get more responses here. (moderator, if you can just move the other thread that works with me.)

Ok, I have a m10 now and while it does a great job keeping the skis down (really too good at times) I do not have the biggest nads in the world, so climbing the super steep does not seem to be in the cards for me. That being said, would I be better off with a different suspension? Seems this m10 likes to put a pretty deep trench everywhere I go, and when stuck and the suspension unloaded seems like China isn't too far away.

I like the ride obviously, and don't want to sacrifice too much of that if possible.

Lets hear some opinions.

This is on a turbo nytro by the way 159"

The jack for the M10 is also supposed to make it more rider friendly. You can change the set up in a few seconds for different riding conditions.

GL

Premium Features