• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best boost guage?

Ive got a mcx 180 and the guage they sent me in the kit is JUNK. Its A 0-30psi that sits at 2psi when the sled is off and there is no adjustment. What are others using, im looking for somthing in the 0-15 range, would a fuel pressure guage work? I just want somthing I can trust

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
Guage

There is a small phillips screw that treads into the side of the case. Simply loosen it and let the pressure inside the guage case equalize with atmospheric pressure, the retighten. As atmospheric pressure changes the guage may read hi or low.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
The autometer digital ones are nice alot easier to read than the analogue (dial) type. Just it has to wired to come on before the sled starts so it can autozero.

The autometer digital ones are nice alot easier to read than the analogue (dial) type. Just it has to wired to come on before the sled starts so it can autozero.
Ya I think digital would be best, Ill try the bleed screw again maybe never backed it out far enough, BB is your guage the 0-60 and does it bounce around much? Also we are west mar 1 probably, give me a call if you r interested.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Has anybody used the turbo smart guage

I am using the Turbosmart E boost 2 electronic boost control, if that what you mean? works deadly!

I am not sure what range the autometer one is but it is as steady as a rock and it has bright numbers which you can see clearly on the sunniest days!

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Ya I think digital would be best, Ill try the bleed screw again maybe never backed it out far enough, BB is your guage the 0-60 and does it bounce around much? Also we are west mar 1 probably, give me a call if you r interested.

Will be in the Crowsnest on mostly corbin area on the 20th to the 22nd. Not sure whats going on Mar. 1 yet.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Canadian Prairies
Autometer 5404, great gauge seems very durable and accurate.....liquid filled. Rolled my sled, banged up the gauge good and it kept on tickin'! Ordered another, and different pod (plain black) instead of the carbon fibre one....it has small hole to bleed gauge for altitude changes! It was $110 locally for gauge and pod!

105-5404.jpg

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Autometer 5404, great gauge seems very durable and accurate.....liquid filled. Rolled my sled, banged up the gauge good and it kept on tickin'! Ordered another, and different pod (plain black) instead of the carbon fibre one....it has small hole to bleed gauge for altitude changes! It was $110 locally for gauge and pod!

Its available with a silver face as well.

Premium Features