• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mpem Help

K
Nov 27, 2007
Looking for some information. I had an 02 summit x 800 and I droped an 01 summit x 800 motor that had the RK tech kit and the re programed 01 MPEM. Problem when we put it on was the light barley came on and nothing seemed work that was attached to the hood. The motor ran real good the first 40 miles. Then it stated to miss or backfire. It would run real strong for 100 ft or so then loose power and miss then back on again. Now it hardly moves, Idels ok but when you give it gass it misses like crazy. Seriously load back fires. We put another mpem on from another 01 thats not reprogramed and it seems to work. I haven't got to take it out for a real ride just in the shop. I'm wondring if the 01 mpem went bad because it was put into a 02 that had diffrent electrical or that maybe the mpem I got just failed. We did have to get some diffrent wire adapters to make the 01 mpem work with my 02 electrical. If anyone knows the diffrences it might keep me from breaking another mpem or help narrow down this problem. I also have my good 02 mpem but I don't know if I can run it with this 01 motor. Does anyone know if I can just put my 02 mpem without programing on and get some more spring riding in this year.
Thanks
Rick

H
Dec 21, 2001
Meridian, Idaho
Excellent...thanks guys. I just completed my conversion my 2001 Summit 800 HM X to RER. It wasn'tthat bad. The hardest part was locating all of the parts at a reasonable price.

All I need to do now is have the MPEM reprogrammed from a 2002 600 Summit (w/RER) to an 800.

Sorry Rick....didn't mean to bogart your thread.

Premium Features