• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BANFF Sledding

S
Sep 22, 2008
What kind of sledding is around Banff is it all tours or can you and some buddies just head out with trail passes. any info would be appreciated.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
All kinds of awesome riding in both Banff and Jasper National Parks. The secret, though, is to park your vehicles just outside the park and make damn sure your sled has enough power to outrun any Park Rangers or helis. If you've got that covered, you're good to go. Please post pics after the ride. :D:beer;:cool:

F
Dec 15, 2007
there was tickets sold

last year the keg in grande prairie was had tickets selling for 2 bucks a ticket and first prize was a sleding trip in jasper i dont know who with but it would have been guided

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
it would be nice to sled up to sunshine and take off, that valley that sunshine is in looks like their is some hella good riding, to bad its illegal

P
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
While parked for 7 hours on HWY 16 at Red Pass heading to Valemount on Dec. 28 waiting for the fatality investigation, a guy on a Dragon unloaded and was ripping up and down the ditch. Good thing no wardens or mounties came along. First and probably last time I'll ever see a sled running in our national parks....unlike in the US.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Alberta
someone should put that on their political platform to open up area in the park to sled... they could be as bad as hitler and i would see rite pass that

Premium Features