• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ever try using a twist throttle?

owenbstory

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2008
north east oregon
I have tried just about every throttle option out there except a twist from a dirt bike. Anyone try it? Thoughts? Experience? Apart from the obvious safety considerations. Seems like the snow bikes do good with them.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Not since 1982 on a Yamaha SS440 .. Don't think it would be overly effective on off camber stuff/bars cranked kind of idea..

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Ive seen several trail riders / ditch banger guys that love them. Dont think it would work worth a darn for mountain riding.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I would agree with the above comments......Off camber riding in the trees, where a guy is in and out of the throttle, I think it would be a hindrance. Think about having to have a burst of throttle and then off, when you want the sled on its left side. Combined with this action and, I think it would be harder to control.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Have a friend that has no thumb he gets along good even has a heated grip on that side.

Premium Features