• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Camo extreme vs 2.6 stock

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Haven't ridden an Axys with the 2.5" CE....but I think it's safe to assume the sled will perform very similarly. The 2.6" might have a very small performance and weight advantage, but the 2.5" is more robust and likely won't have the slider wear issue.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I havent been able to find anyone on the forum who has run one on an Axys, but guys love them on Pros. It SHOULD be better on hard pack but the 2.6 is probably a little better when its really deep. Supposedly like the most durable mountain track there is... and the 2.6 really lacks there. I guess I would see it already having a 2.5 as a PLUS.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I put a CE 2.5" in my Axys SKS that had the 2.6 track (snowcheck).

I honestly found no difference in performance between the 2.
However, my 2.6 had a tear and was wearing pretty good on the non-clipped windows in about 400 miles.
The CE has no signs of wear in 300 miles.

I am pulling the CE 2.5 and going to run a CE 3" this year.
CE is up for sale in the classifieds.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I put a CE 2.5" in my Axys SKS that had the 2.6 track (snowcheck).

I honestly found no difference in performance between the 2.
However, my 2.6 had a tear and was wearing pretty good on the non-clipped windows in about 400 miles.
The CE has no signs of wear in 300 miles.

I am pulling the CE 2.5 and going to run a CE 3" this year.
CE is up for sale in the classifieds.
I have run the Camo Extreme 2.5 in both 155 and 163 lengths for years, on Dragons and Pros. Very durable, fully clipped, did not seem to give up anything to the stock 2.4 track in the powder, and any time the snow gets more set up it absolutely shines in comparison... haven't ridden the 2.6 but it seems not to be nearly as durable... going 3" of course is a different ball game completely but then you have to deal with drivers and anti-stab etc. etc. rather than a simple swap-out.

I would say that is a plus to have that track already on there.

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
I have ridden the 2.5 on my 2017 163 Axys Silber Turbo.

I went for this track because of the durability, cost and easy swap for my previous 2.6. I do think i might have gave up a little bit of deep snow performance but where i am from (Canada, Quebec) we have those type of days maybe 3-4 times a year. In the more setup snow, heavy snow and all other type it is a nice track. I do feel it tends to trench a bit more and you have to get used to it but once you are you will like it. I did modify some of my suspension setup for this track also.

Other friends have 2.6 or X3 and there is no place i couldn't go with my 2.5. My friend with the X3 had to have new driver, anti-stab, etc. How many time we wait in the trail because he was running hot? Mine was stellar, running cool, no vibration and no damaged lug even in the dirty tree riding we are doing.

It is the best bang for the buck unless you always ride Revolstoke or place like that.

This year i ordered my 850 with the 2.6. I might run the 2.6 this year but i know it will be done after 1 season and will replace it with a 2.5 CE

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have ridden the 2.5 on my 2017 163 Axys Silber Turbo.

I went for this track because of the durability, cost and easy swap for my previous 2.6. I do think i might have gave up a little bit of deep snow performance but where i am from (Canada, Quebec) we have those type of days maybe 3-4 times a year. In the more setup snow, heavy snow and all other type it is a nice track. I do feel it tends to trench a bit more and you have to get used to it but once you are you will like it. I did modify some of my suspension setup for this track also.

Other friends have 2.6 or X3 and there is no place i couldn't go with my 2.5. My friend with the X3 had to have new driver, anti-stab, etc. How many time we wait in the trail because he was running hot? Mine was stellar, running cool, no vibration and no damaged lug even in the dirty tree riding we are doing.

It is the best bang for the buck unless you always ride Revolstoke or place like that.

This year i ordered my 850 with the 2.6. I might run the 2.6 this year but i know it will be done after 1 season and will replace it with a 2.5 CE

My 2.6 has 1600 miles on it and still looks fine.

benltr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2013
My 2.6 has 1600 miles on it and still looks fine.

Like i said, it all depend also on where you ride.

I'm the type of guy that even if i'm on a lug i will pin it because i don't want my buddy to pull my ski. The 2.6 is an awesome track and i prefer it to the old 2.4 but durability wise they are no where near what a CE 2.5 can offer.

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
Got close to 3000 miles on my 2.6 before it blew. Have other one will 1200 miles perfect shape but they are only rode in the mountains. Not a lot of trail riding at all.

Premium Features