• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 m7-lacking power off line

R
i'm finding that my sled spins alot on the powder.On hard packed it doesn't seem to have that giddy up off the line if i'm going say 20-30kph then puch the gas it seems to spudder then clear up and go like mad.
If i'm at a stand still then punch is it hickups abit,clears it's throat then goes.I thought the sled should have a good responce right off the line.Reminders me of the old bog that Polaris had in the sleds.
Sorta sucks even if i'm going a little faster than 30 and see a jump i wanna hit it spudders then hit the jump but doens't have that pop to really launch.

What track is on the 06 m7 141"
If anyone has a good set up ot something i should look at please let me know,Thanks

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
All the 06 m7's were fat on the bottom end. I had to put a fuel controller on and lean out the whole fuel map to get rid of that bastage bog. Then add fuel to the topend. On the pure logic controller you have a throttle response mode as well, adjusting this setting to the 6th point cleaned my stocker m7 right up...............

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
I ride in a group with 3 M7s (1-2005 and 2-2006) and none of them have a bog. Not sure what everyone's problem is. You can tell the difference in the 05 as it is a little rich on the bottom end but no bog. I rode a stock 2006 M6 that had a bad bog. Like hit the throttle and then go over the handlebars.

I even ran mine with the 10" clutch and gold primary spring and did not have a bog. I didn't like the low engagement of the gold spring so I switched back to the yellow/white.

I then put a 10.4" clutch on and it made a huge difference that was very noticable on hard pack. Was still noticable in the powder but not as much.

Make sure your belt deflection is set right. Get the engagement above 4,000 and put a 10.4" secondary on.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
what fuel you running? if the sled is stock make sure you run 87 oct. in it. people say that anything higher can cause the bog. other than that i think tinkering with fueling is about the only option to get rid of it, if it is a bog from fuel issues.

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
I think the octane of the fuel will NOT cause a bog. I aggree that you will loose horsepower and that 87 octane is what you should be using in a stock M.

Out of the 3 M7s in the group, 2 of us ran 91 octane for 3 straight days and then switched to 87 octane becuase the gas station we were buying fuel from didn't give us a choice. We did not notice any performance gain or loss but again I am sure there was.

The 3rd guy was actually running 110 octane for 2 days because he was trying to use it up from when his sled had a turbo on it. This sled was bone stock with 110 octane and did not have a bog.

bamb800

Premium Member
Oct 25, 2008
Fountain City, WI
I had a very similar bog in my 06 M7. I just bought it this year, but I believe it had all stock clutching. It was engaging at 4000 RPM, and just like yours, it would fall on its face when I would punch it from a stand still, or when I would let off and get back on it. I was really dissappointed, as this was my first trip on it to Cooke. The second day I replaced the yellow/white spring in the the primary with a yellow/orange from the cat shop. This brought my engagement up to 4500 RPM, but still finished the same. COMPLETELY took care of my bog. Absolutely love the sled now! I also switched it over to Klotz that day, but doubt that had as much to do with it as the spring did. Hope this helps.

S

Schism

Nov 30, 2007
North Dakota
Do you have to modify anything to put a 10.4 secondary on a 06?

Search for M7 clutching and you will find several good threads on this. Basically you don't need to mod much but the gusset that covers the speedo cable....I used a hammer! :D Put a 10.4" secondary in with no spring and open it fully to make sure it doesn't have any clearance issues and other than spring/helix combos you should be ready to go.

-Schism

Edit: You will also need to run a different belt. I chose AC 0627-046

Last edited:
P
Jan 28, 2009
usk
i have a rktech head on mine with the team set up remaped the computer to rk specs. no bog and clucth engages at 3000 also have timber sled intake and aaen can. i have my clucthing info if any one wants to copy it works great and have pulled every m7 with out nos or turbos

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
10.4 Secondary

Check out this link on the 10.4

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105163&highlight=bellypan

I will have one for sale in late February after my last trip out west. I am machining my 10" to be a 10.4 and I need at a spare until I know for sure it works.

If you don't put a 10.4 on you have to at least put on the orange M8 spring and shift assist. This will take care of the bog when you let out of the throttle at WOT and try to get back into it. The secondary is not back shifting and the orange spring will cure this. Plenty of threads on this as well.

Premium Features